One and Only ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hdultra

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone no if this product works or not.

Heres The Link:

16oz One & Only H2O-PURE Live Nitrifying Bacteria

ONE AND ONLY LIVE NITRIFYING BACTERIA

• Treats 240 gallons (908 liters)
• Eliminates new tank syndrome
• Instantly creates a biofilter
• Removes toxic ammonia and nitrite, naturally

Good for 6 months at room temperature, 1 year at 50°F (10°C).
Best to keep refrigerated for longest shelf life.

One and Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria prevents new tank syndrome by instantly working to establish a biofilter in newly set-up aquaria. Use One and Only to control ammonia and nitrite levels.

One and Only Live Nitrifying Bacteria has no sulfur or other offensive odors.

Directions for Use:
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING
BEST TO USE THE ENTIRE CONTENTS AT ONE TIME
Minimum dose 10 ml per 10 gallons of aquarium water.
Cannot be overdosed.

DO NOT FREEZE
Use when setting up a new aquarium, after water

I would imagine it would work, so long as the storage conditions are met. That is the problem with using products that have live bacteria. It is difficult to determine if the temp requirements are met while it is being shipped/sitting in a warehouse, etc.

I would imagine it would work, so long as the storage conditions are met. That is the problem with using products that have live bacteria. It is difficult to determine if the temp requirements are met while it is being shipped/sitting in a warehouse, etc.

I hear you there. With all the problems here with cycling, would it be best to tell people about the product if it worked. We all wait it out most of the time and it takes along time to cycle. We all know that people want it now kinda thing.

Yeah, I would say this along with a few of the other live bacteria products have a lot of potential. The reason I don't recommend them is because 1. they are expensive, and 2. you just never know if they are going to work or not (based on how they were handled... are the bacteria still alive?).

That is why I usually just recommend the only sure thing... fishless cycling.

Yeah, I would say this along with a few of the other live bacteria products have a lot of potential. The reason I don't recommend them is because 1. they are expensive, and 2. you just never know if they are going to work or not (based on how they were handled... are the bacteria still alive?).

That is why I usually just recommend the only sure thing... fishless cycling.

I agree. How do you know if the bacteria are alive. At least Dr. Tim put a expire date on the bottles. Also would think ordering direct would be the best.
And it is very expensive. It's almost $1.50 per gallon of water treated.

I can put tap water in a bottle and sell it claiming to have live bacteria in it... Nitrifying bacteria requires oxygen, something you cant get in a sealed container. I will never buy in to it.

yup... even with the expiration date though... how do you know it didn't sit in a mail truck at 110 degrees in the summer, or sit in a warehouse at -10 degrees in the winter?

I can put tap water in a bottle and sell it claiming to have live bacteria in it... Nitrifying bacteria requires oxygen, something you cant get in a sealed container. I will never buy in to it.

Well heck than, send me some of that Kentucky water. How much does it go for. lol

The only way to tell. If someone were to buy it, is to test it out. They would have to test the water. And see if the claims are true. If it didn't work I wonder if they would refund there money.

I think we would be better off getting it from the LFS or other peoples aquariums.

Jonathan makes a good point too... I cannot find any reference to nitrifying bacteria (nitrobacter or nitrosomas) being anaerobic, or having the ability to go dormant, like many strains can.

Back
Top Bottom