Opinions on the best lcd monitors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
three thing I know I want

19"
LCD
and I want to use the digital out on my new saphire 800 pro vidio card by ATI.

If I could find one with a wide screen aspect ratio for around a 1000 that would tickle me pink. but I may have to go a little bigger for that.

Thanks for any opinions you gamers might have on the subject.

After doing some reading it looks like a larger CRT display is better for high end graphics and faster pixle responce times for moving images. I would not have known this if i didn't read the articles. and CRT's are cheaper.

Not to mention they don't use as much energy, put off as much heat, or take up nearly as much space. :wink:

the problem i am having now is that my 19" crt now is like...hazy..almost like the color has been bleached out. kind of like a worn out pair of jeans. lol.

I notice it alot at start up, and I get these white lines that travle diagnoly accross the screen when it's cold.

I play games on the monitor I'm using right now. It's a fairly old IBM flat panel 20" and I play games on it all the time, including the games with the ATI Graphics card. It is just as good if not better than the old Dell CRT I used to use.

the best LCD is NO LCD

CRTs are better, IMHO, unless you don't game, then you don't need the quality

But obviously you do, So get a CRT with a DVI imput. Surplus COmputers has refurbished 21inch Sony Trinitrons onsale now for only 120 bucks.

Before picking an LCD know the terms on a return/warrantee coverage for unworking pixles. Belive it or not many companies dont have a good and firm policy on how many pixles have to be out before they cover it under warrantee. I know from a recent news article Dell has a policy of 6 pixles or more have to be out before they will exchange it for a referbished unit. Some companies require a specific % of pixles over the total to be out.

Unlike CRT's each pixle point on the lCD is actually 3 pixles. A blue, yellow and red. Its a combonation of these three pixles either being on or off to determin the ultimate color of that specific pixel.

I got very lucky I think with my new laptop... only one stuck pixel. Still dissapointed to see any at all, but from what I was reading before purchasing 1-3 pixels is almost expected. Iritated the heck out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom