Our Goal to Becoming Fish is Halfway Complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they've been talking about using sponges that will feed us air, allowing us to stay underwater for days, but that's cool they have a prototype done.

while i dont have the article for this, i read that scientist have created a liquid that has enough oxygen to support our bodies, meaning that you could breath in the liquid instead of air. the catch is however, you need a machine to pump the liquid out, while you're submerged

WaterPond said:
its just a re-breather... these are already on the market to scuba divers. My brother is looking into getting one.

Nifty invention for sure.

Rebreathers still use compressed O2. They just circulate a small amout of air, 'scrub out' CO2, and replace the removed material with new O2 from the bottle. They work by maintaining the partial pressure of O2 for the required depth.

This article however... the O2 is coming out of the water itself.

Sadly, like what happened with re breathers, many people will die using these systems for various reasons before it becomes usable for standard rec. divers.

This is some impressive tech.... I'll be taking a copy of this to my scuba club this week :)

Back
Top Bottom