Outage!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzybeas

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I hear updates about the outage, all I can think of is all of those poor tanks. My biggest nightmare :cry:

15 million people without power, that estimate seems low to me. I talked to friends in Detroit and Cleveland who didn't have power. I'm really worried about my friend in Manhattan, I haven't been able to get through to her but I imagine cell phone coverage is spotty at best right now. I heard tonight on the news that 21 power plants went down within 3 minutes... I don't know about the rest of you, but I find this whole thing VERY troubling. It's one thing when you're in the middle of a storm and your power is out for a few minutes... but when a significant portion of the northeast loses power due to failure of FAIL-SAFE devices, I'm a little concerned. They say it had nothing to do with terrorism, yet they raised the "warning level" to yellow. This whole color system... what a waste of time and taxpayer money. Have any of you been affected by the color of the day? Sorry for the rant, just venting.

Ryan

I am in NY. Where I am power came on at 9 p.m.

Parts of Manhattan still have no power, trains are not running.

I can't get to class, and I have finals :(
But a lot of people cannot get to work/class.

I got home on the 1:20 train, which is not my normal train. If I took my normal train I wouldn't have gotten home.

Even failsafes fail. Problem is with such devices there is often no way to fully test a failsafe to handle something like this on a regular basis unless such an event acutally occurs.

I would have rased the alert level simply because of all the citys that where with out power.

it was the apocalypse with out power! i saw a whole bunch of ambulences on the road and intersections were everyman for themselves :(

and the street lights were all out so it was like a horror movie! (or a rural road :p) I kept thinking how my fish would take it fortunatly they all still alive! :eek: :D :) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom