PBS special on Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It aired at 9pm for us. Our local station elected to air the 'edited' version due to the timeslot the show was being aired. I didnt watch it but learned about the decision to run the edited version from the paper yesterday. Apparently the FCC told the PBS orginizaion that stations woudl not be fined for airing the unedited version but the local station decided to air the version with out the curse words anyway.

I am also interested in how the show was.

I watched it with my wife. It brought tears to my eyes when they talked about Babbit and the other Soldier Odums. They mentioned Odums when they received a letter from Babbitt's wife. Odums was from our town and I remember his funeral.
I think the most important part of the program was when the ING and Iraq Police finally stepped up and caught the terrorists and showed parking lot full of weapons and ordinance right next to the mosque.
The election was a great success, and Iraqi's are starting to take ownership.
It was a good look at what are boys are going through. I am proud of them.
I cant wait till they all come home.

Our local PBS station aired the uncensored version. It was very impressive, I taped it and will be watching it again. It presents an unbiased view of what is going on there, I think there can be many different things taken from it. There is a lot to be gleaned from the film. They did a good job of showing the human side of this conflict. I still can't believe all that happened within a 30 day period.

Sorry, I'm not really good at the whole review writing thing, I'll just say it was a very powerful piece that everyone should see--I believe that "supporting our troops" envolves being as educated as possible about what is going on over there. I feel like the media interest, and the public interest, is fading as fast as the colors on those yellow magnets.

my station aired the piece again last night so I got to catch at least part of it this time. It was the uncensored version as well. Really wasn't too bad. The only time I heard foul language was when, quite frankly, you'd expect to hear it. I did only catch the last hour of it (how long is the whole piece?) so I can't comment on what I didn't see. But what I did see was powerful, as shawmutt mentioned.

I would highly recomend everyone watch it who has the opportunity.

The show is 90 minutes long, you can now watch it on pbs.org (see: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/company/ ). There's also a plethora of information about the show on the website. An encore presentation will be shown on TV March 1, again check local listings for times.

Another interesting Frontline is also being shown March 1st, "A Soldier's Heart," about shell shock from the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom