pediatrician's aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deli_conker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are the promised pics of my daughter's pediatrician's tank
I't between 7-8 feet long and maybe a couple feet wide. I'm guessing that it's 300-400 gal...

Wow, what kind of fish are in there? Did the receptionist look at you like you were nuts while you stood there clicking away??

I spotted albino and green tiger barbs, a gourami of some variety, and what looks like a few various sharks. Cool.

I really like a room divider tank - we have plans to take down a wall that divides two living areas so I have visions of doing something similar. My pediatrician better get on the stick! Theirs is a measly 20-gal or so, but I am grateful that there always seems to be the same fish and the tank always looks beautiful - someone knows what they are doing.

Thanks for the pics! My kids are jealous of your kids :wink:

It is a nice tank. The sharks you saw, there are a couple albinos and one that is black. There'a a big ol' pleco in there as well. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of him. Also a silver dollar in there too.

I don't think they minded me taking pics. I didn't use the flash so no one got stressed. I would have taken more but they called us in too quick. We showed up early and they went ahead and took us in.

I would have done a tank that size a bit differently. Lots of small schooling fish and a couple big gouramis to start with.

I love it! Well, really I'm just very envious. I'd love to have a tank that big but I think my parents would kick it out, followed by me. And TankGirl, I have an aspiration to own a huge house in which I'll just "have" to use tanks as room dividers . . . ahh, to be rich and not famous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom