Petco cleaning up there store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I go to Petco it is usually just for fish food and to look at their clearance items. I have noticed they have a new manager and clerks. They also are getting in new products. I don't make a habit of checking out their fish tanks, but today I did. What a surprise, clean tanks, not one dead or dying fish to be seen! They also had Denison Barbs (?), Daffodil cichlids and blind cave tetra's (sold out). Some kind of eateaters also but were sold out to. It was a nice surprise to see a change! Even had two clerks ask me if I needed help, before you couldn't find a clerk to wait on you. We hear so many bad things about Petco thought I would share what I saw today! Who know's if I go freahwater I might buy fish from them!

I was in my local petco yesterday and noticed they are now holding classes on how to start and take care of an aquarium. Lord knows what they are saying. Most of the people I've met there have much less knowledge than I do and I'm a newbie.

Sounds good! My Petco cleaned up too! Looks really nice now. :)

Unfortunately, they still employ teenagers who know not very much...one of them suggested taking some of their water from one of their fish tanks with a bunch of dead fish in it to "cycle" the tank...

Local Petco here seems be trying to up their game to compete with Petsmart (which is always well maintained and staffed). Still struggle to get a sales associate to help you at Petco though.

My PETCO is really disgusting and the manager is loud and annoying. But there's an Aquarium Adventure across the street. So I usually go there.

In follow up to the original post, Just went to my Petco in the green acres mall on sunrise hwy and found the have 3 Denison Barbs for around $13 each. And yes they looked to be in good condition ... If anyone in the area is interested.

jcolon said:
In follow up to the original post, Just went to my Petco in the green acres mall on sunrise hwy and found the have 3 Denison Barbs for around $13 each. And yes they looked to be in good condition ... If anyone in the area is interested.

At the Petco here the Denison barbs were 10.99, to bad my 20 gal. Long isn't big enough for them!

ocean said:
At the Petco here the Denison barbs were 10.99, to bad my 20 gal. Long isn't big enough for them!

I just looked at the Denison barbs on LiveAquaria and they were 40 bucks!!

Back
Top Bottom