Pets at home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
titchrules said:
Am 0.0
Ph 7.1
Nitrates 0.0
Nitrites 0.1

With those levels I would be inclined to say the tank isn't cycled yet and there could have been ammo/ph spikes that weakened and killed the fish.

The tank is most certainly cycled! I assure you of that.
There has never been a problem since the guppies moved in. Just since the sharks did. I'm wondering if they were a 'bad batch' from store. But whatever was wrong with them has upset the guppies now too. I've put in some health guard treatment as at the moment there's no signs on the bodies. BB looks fine. But just dropped dead so to speak.

I won't be replacing the sharks. Lesson learnt.

titchrules said:
The tank is most certainly cycled! I assure you of that.
There has never been a problem since the guppies moved in. Just since the sharks did. I'm wondering if they were a 'bad batch' from store. But whatever was wrong with them has upset the guppies now too. I've put in some health guard treatment as at the moment there's no signs on the bodies. BB looks fine. But just dropped dead so to speak.

I won't be replacing the sharks. Lesson learnt.

I was not saying the tank isn't cycled just from the readings you posted that's what it looked like. Anywho, very well could have been bad stock, just keep a close eye on those guppies and water parameters.

Mogurako said:
I was not saying the tank isn't cycled just from the readings you posted that's what it looked like. Anywho, very well could have been bad stock, just keep a close eye on those guppies and water parameters.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like I was having ago at you.
I had been asked once before whether it was cycled when I got the water tested. Lol.
Whatever were doing must be good news on the water conditions front.
One of the other guppies rear fin is slightly curved at the bottom. I did notice that with BB yesterday. Connection??
Thanks for your advice chick :)

Hiya!
Your parameters seem too perfect, thats all.. Rarely do you get readings like that, unless it is new water that has just been treated, but not added yet.. (Nitrates.3 esp)
I only say this, beacuse i am SUCH a Geek at water checking lately, I even check my water before adding at a water-change!! Because i have had so many problems lately.. : (

Last edited:
karen21 said:
Hiya!
Your parameters seem too perfect, thats all.. Rarely do you get readings like that, unless it is new water that has just been treated, but not added yet.. (Nitrates.3 esp)
I only say this, beacuse i am SUCH a Geek at water checking lately, I even check my water before adding at a water-change!! Because i have had so many problems lately.. : (

Honestly it's been cycled etc.
It did once have raised nitrite levels. But nothing bad since.
I don't know how/why the levels are like that. They just are.
Must be doing something good. :)

Honestly it's been cycled etc.
It did once have raised nitrite levels. But nothing bad since.
I don't know how/why the levels are like that. They just are.
Must be doing something good. :)

You are SO lucky! I am green with envy! (not algae!);)

Back
Top Bottom