Pleasant surprise at Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got back from one of the local Walmarts in Paintsville, KY. I was checking out their fish when a sales lady asked me if I needed some help. I told her I was just checking to see what they had but I do not like buying fish from them because they are always sick. She introduced herself and said she was the new caretaker of the fish and was trying to make changes to make sure the fish got the care they needed. She said she had worked out an arrangement with their distributor to get the fish to them quicker. She told me they had been leaving the fish in bags overnight and delivering them the next day resulting in sick and dying fish. She started picking them up that night when they came in and making sure they went into clean tanks and everything was done right. She has fish ands seems to be very knowledgable about them. She said she was QTing any fish that seemed sick. I am glad someone is trying to make a difference. I wish the other Walmarts would hire people that care.

people are so lazy they make u net ur fish

They're almost as lazy as those who can't take the extra half-second to spell correctly.......
Sorry, sorry...... I hate "text speak", and I just couldn't pass that one up. :angel:

It's good to see that someone at a chain store cares...... Seen way too many dilapidated setups at big box stores.

Last edited:
Yeah I am glad to hear someone is making an effort. If my local Meijer would only do the same.
Yeah the Meijer stores in my area are really bad too! Every time i go there i want to whisper to the people looking at the fish to run! And then i want to go talk to the management and take over their fish section! It makes me sick when i see their tanks!

Back
Top Bottom