Podcasting? Aquarium PodCast? Ooh Maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Who here would consider listening to an aquarium podcast?

Do all of you know what a podcast is?

Well...here goes...

What is podcasting?

Posted by Dave Winer, 10/21/04 at 10:07:10 AM.
Think how a desktop aggregator works. You subscribe to a set of feeds, and then can easily view the new stuff from all of the feeds together, or each feed separately.

Podcasting works the same way, with one exception. Instead of reading the new content on a computer screen, you listen to the new content on an iPod or iPod-like device.

Think of your iPod as having a set of subscriptions that are checked regularly for updates. Today there are a limited number of programs available this way. The format used is RSS 2.0 with enclosures.

In the future, radio shows like All Things Considered and Rush Limbaugh will be available in this manner, and perhaps other syndication formats will support enclosures.

Update: For a quick sample of the latest podcasts, check out http://audio.weblogs.com/.

So who would consider listening to a podcast developed around aquarium topics?

Bills ...There are no pros to podcasting and that is the point of podcasting :)

I mean, people who are in the aquarium business or people who have allot of knowledge about aquariums should make podcasts/should be speaking in the podcasts. Not some noob guy who's telling things that aren't even right. That was my point :p

Well any MP3 player can work...

If I find the time to produce any show...I might consider doing it. The problem I forsee is getting enough topics!

My mind was totally in the tank on this one... wasn't thinking iPods... but instead copepods! Very different indeed! Was curious about what PodCasting could be? A new way to grow pods in your tank???? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom