Poll on pH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fish_doc

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am doing a study on pH levels in different areas. All I ask is you help out by posting your pH and the (city and state, providence etc ) where you live.
What I am looking for is the pH from your tap not your tank.

Thanks

It varies a little here in Miami, from 7.8-8.2.
It goes through limestone aquifers. Its also very hard water.

Yes 9. sometimes as low as 8.6, and sometimes as high as 9.5, but it always is stable at 8-8.2 after 24 hours. The water here is a bit hard but not considered liquid rock. Both kh and gh stay about 70ppm each. Very soft in comparison to my last residence where the tap water had a kh of 500ppm, and a gh of 1300ppm. 8O (no fish i was able to keep without diluteing lots with ro water).

Thanks to everyone so far. Keep them comming.

Next study will be on credit card numbers. :lol: Just kidding

You might get more responses (if you need more) if you change the thread to "Poll" instead of "study" since when I first saw the thread I thought it was going to be a discussion/debate on the finer points of pH!

Thanks, Ill give it a try. Ive posted this on a couple boards so hopefully I will get a good mix and quantity between them all.

fish_doc, I would be most grateful if you post your findings, or a preponderance of evidence, related to your pH study. It is interesting to me the different pH values found across the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom