Pond in Canada ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it ok to keep koi or other fish like Molly’s in a pond . I’m thinking of making a pond but u know Canada is cold in the winter . Reply only if you live in Canada . This is for all the Canadians

Yes you can keep koi and goldfish but not mollies. Mollies need warmer water. You will have to make sure that your pond is deep enough to winterize.
Also make sure you know what wildlife is around. I Iive in an area with cranes, stray cats and raccoons so I don't think a pond would work for me. (I'm from Ontario)

I was wondering the same thing. As I’m from the states but live in Canada now. But I live in the bush so I guess I can’t make a pond. Bears and wolfs and lots of other things around. ☹️☹️☹️

I mean unless you want to build an outdoor shed with a pond in it. Or find a barrier to keep wild animals from eating your fish.

If you want to go a little shallower add a couple trough type heaters once it starts to freeze. I don't live in Canada but I live in high elevation mountains where it hits -25F at certain times of the winter. I've seen this idea keep a pond from freezing solid.

Back
Top Bottom