power is out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeky_monkey

Aquarium Advice Freak
So our power is out. Has been for an hour and energy company says it will be out at least another 3 hours.

Is there anything I should be doing to my tanks?

It's summer and my tanks don't have heaters their water is a constant 80f without them.

cheeky_monkey said:
It's summer and my tanks don't have heaters their water is a constant 80f without them.

It's summer?? Where are you located? :eek:
But if the temp is constant then you should be fine for 3 hours :)

Australia :)
Well everyone seemed to handle it well. My RCS lost their colour fo some reason but got their vibrant red back after a few hours with power back on.

cheeky_monkey said:
Well everyone seemed to handle it well. My RCS lost their colour fo some reason but got their vibrant red back after a few hours with power back on.

That's great news mate! ;)
I'm glad everything went smoothly

cheeky_monkey said:

Most fish and inverts color becomes brighter and more visible under bright light, and fades in the dark. That could've been what happened.

I have noticed that with fish however I can look in on my shrimp tank at any time of day and they are vibrant red. That night they went pale blue.

Back
Top Bottom