Power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sitting in the dark with no power. Hope its not long. Have 140, 240 and 29 with no filters or air. Nothing is backflowing onto the floor so that's good.

Do what I had to do a couple of weeks go,...buy a generator ,.... You'll sleep much better at nite!!!!

It was just a crazy storm that lasted about an hour. I will be shopping for a genny maybe. Seems like alot of money to not use it much.

spoonman said:
It was just a crazy storm that lasted about an hour. I will be shopping for a genny maybe. Seems like alot of money to not use it much.

Yeah,...but,..if you only have to use it once it MAY be money well spent,.... In my case I didn't have any power for like 10-12 hours,... Easy decision there ,.... Sometimes you can pickup a cheapie at harbor freight for under a hundred bucks....., my brother will be watching my tank in a couple of months while I go to Hawaii again to do some "research ".... So just in case We lose power while I'm gone , He'll have a backup policy..... :)

spoonman said:

Doesn't need to be a huge one. If/when I have to use mine I plan to rotate different appliances on/off and not have everything running all at once, all the time.

Back
Top Bottom