Premature fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princess_Glitzy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi this is my first post but I made this account cause I need help I have a female mostly black balloon molly and have for years we had kept one of her fry and recently bought more mollies well I noticed she was a bit bloated and was of course worried I turn the tank light off but quickly turn it back on to check something and there is the smallest fry I have ever seen now I have had fish for a long time and have raised many batches but these were ridiculously small and I have moved as many as I can to the baby tank but they won’t eat and are so small that if it was in your hands you wouldn’t notice I think the mom went into labor early and had premature fry they are so small I am shocked they are alive I covered the outside of my filter with algae just so they wouldn’t be sucked in and I’m freaking out cause they came out of no where and aren’t eating anything I tried anything I had and most fry I have had ate almost instantaneous so and advice on care?? Please one was born a still birth molly and I want to keep the rest alive any help?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 23
Dwarf shrimp food.

Hikari First Bites usually available from a lfs or Petco.

Boiled egg yolk cooled and grated into a fine powder.

I hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom