Red alert is over.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last night, our power went out. The first thing that went through my head was' oh crap! My pump, heater and light on my tank is off.' I have read horror stories on here about power outages and tanks. I called the power company and was told I would be in the dark for a few hours. Saturdays are usually not designated PWC days, unless my levels are off. So I made the decision to go ahead and do a 30%PWC and spot clean. Doing a water change in the dark is not the smartest thing in the world, I had more water on the floor than in the tank. The power came back on right as I was finishing up and I was only in the dark fir about 45 minutes. Everyone is still alive.

Tetra1990 Good. Last summer our central air broke. Of course it was 102 outside. I stopped looking at our inside thermostat when the house was at 98. I was floating ice cubes in the tank. A valuable lesson learned. Now, in the summer I fill up three qt. plastic bags and keep them in the freezer as a large chunk of ice will last longer. Also, I bought a fan that clips on the top of the aquarium. Haven't needed to use it so far. I hope I never have to use it. Happy your fishes made it don't know about your floor though.

Back
Top Bottom