Reef Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my pictures of Looe Reef in Florida online, there's only 18 of them that were good enough to show off. The ones that suck are mine and the ones that are good are my wife's. It was my first dive and I was spending more time playing with my gear than taking pictures. I'm working on getting the rest of the pictures from Key West online, they should be there shortly. I'm sorry the captions aren't more descriptive, I just have no idea what I'm looking at. The link is www.angelfire.com/dragon/shawmutt . When the ads pop up from the link, don't close them--just minimize them and they won't bother you. Enjoy!

Great pics! Did you rent your gear or do you own you own. If you rented, what charter Co. did you go out with, and how much did they change?

Did you rent your gear or do you own you own. If you rented, what charter Co. did you go out with, and how much did they change?

We rented our gear. We went to Looe Key Diving and Resort. The place was pricey, around $175 a person for the resort course, but I think it was worth it. We got to go on two hour long dives (I'd have more pictures if we brought more cameras) with an instructor. Mark, our instructor, was great. He took the time to show us every little nook and cranny with something hidden in it, and really put me at ease right off.

It took me a while to have fun, but by the last 10 minutes of the second dive I was having a blast. I had the hardest time getting used to the equipment. I felt like a big fat :censor: so I answered 10 pounds lighter when he was getting our weight belts. On the first dive, everything went ok. I had some trouble equalizing on the way down, but that was it. I was fine until I held still to take my first pic--then I shot up to the surface like a bobber. The second dive went a little better, the instructor strapped more weight on me in front of everyone :oops: . This time I sank like a rock. My head felt like it was going to explode as I frantically kicked to stay in shallow water and tried to equalize. After I equalized I was fine, and I finally got the air/weight ratio perfect--for about 10 minutes. Then the second dive was over, and it was time to go home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom