RIP to my betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
My betta fish passed away today, and I'm really upset because out of all the fish I've ever had, Martin definitely had the most personality. I'm really pissed at myself because his death was 100% my fault. He was only in a 2.5g tank (please don't lecture me about proper betta fish housing. I had major space problems and was going to upgrade him at Christmas). And because of my new, bigger tanks I completely forgot about him and forgot to do his water changes for a month and a half. I'm the equivalent of a bad fish-keeper. After I finally remembered him and did one, he got some sort of infection in his gills and passed away.

This just proves the importance of frequent water changes, especially in tiny tanks. If I ever do a betta fish tank again, I've got to do a better job and give the betta the care he/she deserves.

It happens to the best of us :( I lost my guy of three years just recently to some kind of fungus because a shrimp died and rotted in his tank. Believe me, I was equally pissed at myself as you are with yourself, so I know how you feel! :,(

It happens to us all where fish die and we know it was our fault. Learn from it and do better next time is all you can do.

Ok... A little tough love from me (truly an expert in wallowing in self-pity) .

Cut it out. You have learned a lesson. Ok? (((HUG)))

Lol thanks for the tough love. Needed to here it. I'll get another betta sometime. For now I'll focus on what I have now.

For multiple tanks, might be a good idea to name (or number) them and put some kind of rotation. With internet access, even create a google calendar for inspection/water changes.

I only have one tank, but I use my phone to remind me of water tests and cleaning routines.

Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom