Rubberlip v.s bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which one has better;
Looks
Algea eating abilities
Personality
Which is best for a 40 gallon tank?

Let the commenting begin!

I like my bn...he's pretty cool, mostly nocturnal though, so I don't see him much :) he's got personality though

Well he keeps the glass pretty clean...the substrate, on the other hand, he leaves quite a few little presents...aka: I think he has a rather large bio load...

Ya...he is, but I love him anyways...I'm not too familiar with rubberlips though

Do a little research! There are probably species profiles on each here somewhere, then do pro's and con's list :) then post what you come up with! That would be my recommendation...

My bn cleans great! The glass, decorations, fake plants. Then my clown cleans the gravel so it all works out perfect. I recommend a bristlenose for sure but dont have experience with a rubberlip

hey Gboy, I've got an albino rubberlip that I really like the look of, but for some reason it never got any larger than about 3.5 inches. He does a good job cleaning for his size, but in my 55 he needed help to keep up. Heres a snap of him

Attachments

• IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 87
Nice rubberlip!! I have a 40 and dont think hed fit though if it got 6"!! ;/

Thanks, Yeah, guess it might be a little cramped. How long is a 40? Mine doesn't seem real active, but I cant really see what it does at night so it might be. I know it loves the squash I started putting in for the featherfin!

Back
Top Bottom