Rummy-nose tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FluttercygnetAndFishie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was reading another thread where the OP indicated that rummy-nose tetras are hard to find. I was curious so I googled and it looks like they just have a huge die off rate and are hard to find. This surprised me because EVERYONE sells them here and mine have been crazy and energetic (and healthy) since day one.

So what is everyone else's experience? Are they hard to find? Hard to find *healthy*?

I live in Germany, so maybe it's different in the states.

I live in Florida USA and the rummynose I just got are very healthy and very energetic. My lfs only had 3 so I ordered 10 and in 4 days they called me saying the truck just dropped them off. They order small fish by the dozen and since they were still in there origional bag and pond water they gave me the 2 extra free. But anyways back to the origional point yes there healthy they were eating only an hour and a half after I put them in my tank. So I would say there not as bad as what you have heard.

I have 7 (originally ten), but they are healthy and energetic after 6 months in my tank! Also one of my favorite fish to watch. Not a single health issue.

I have 7 (originally ten), but they are healthy and energetic after 6 months in my tank! Also one of my favorite fish to watch. Not a single health issue.

Oh, good. Glad to hear it. They definitely are SUPER cute. Do yours school in tight little formations? :D

Yes they do when there scared. When there happy they will do whatever but ill come up and tap the tank and they all come together real tight in the current.

Yes they do when there scared. When there happy they will do whatever but ill come up and tap the tank and they all come together real tight in the current.

Lol Well, I don't mean like practically on top of each other. Mine swim around in a V formation like birds sometimes.

Yeah, mine will go alone all over the place a lot. But if they see me coming, they get in a tight school, like with an inch of each other. But half the time they're in a loose school.

Yeah, mine will go alone all over the place a lot. But if they see me coming, they get in a tight school, like with an inch of each other. But half the time they're in a loose school.

That means there happy happy.

That's awesome I have a dozen in a 20 g so they school in a big group sometimes in two smaller groups

Oh neat! I have 3 types of tetras in there and my silvertips don't really school at all. The males will chase the females around and then just kind of zoom around doing whatever. My cardinals like to school in a line or just tool around some of my decorations. My rummies will swim in little formations or go wherever, but they're always doing something funny. They're all wild and crazy. :) They've all been bright and pretty since I got them, but I swear they all get more colorful every day!

Oh neat! I have 3 types of tetras in there and my silvertips don't really school at all. The males will chase the females around and then just kind of zoom around doing whatever. My cardinals like to school in a line or just tool around some of my decorations. My rummies will swim in little formations or go wherever, but they're always doing something funny. They're all wild and crazy. :) They've all been bright and pretty since I got them, but I swear they all get more colorful every day!

There my first schooling fish I'm so glad I picked them over the cardinals. They def do seem to get more colorful every day.

Back
Top Bottom