Sales of Glo fish, lawsuit filed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a fine place for the article.

I'm not against Bioengineering.. I think it can be one of our greatest tools... when used responsibly. This is NOT a responsible use, IMO. They have created a new creature for the sole purpose of making it more marketable and are getting around all claims of a need to be responsible by stating it's "not for human consuption". I think we, as responsible human beings, need to take more care with these sorts of technology. We've damaged so many delicatly balanced eco systems by our mere presence you'd think we would have learned by now that you can't just throw around new life forms and not expect some sort of impact.

BillyZ said:
We've damaged so many delicatly balanced eco systems by our mere presence you'd think we would have learned by now that you can't just throw around new life forms and not expect some sort of impact.

Yeah, you'd think. You have to stop and wonder what they already have under 'development'. We're already eating bio-engineered foods, now pets, what's next?

I got my first look at these fish at pet supermarket last weekend and it's just sad to see. Do they not understand how unnatural this looks?

Personally...I do not think it really looks that unnatural. They are just somewhat redish. They don't even really glow like they claim. I thinks its retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom