Silly Things Your Tank Buddies Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnimalKrazed

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was inspired to make this thread as I was browsing through some of the posts we make about quirks of our fish/snail/etc buddies. I know from experience that it doesn't matter if your tank buddy subsides off of oxygenized water, air, or the next social gathering (friends with tanks are tank buddies too :p), everyone with a tank buddy most likely has noticed a silly quirk or thing the buddy does. I know the major quirk of my tank buddy and thought it would be nice to make a spot where everyone could just talk about what quirks their buddies have. :)

My current tank buddy, Buck the betta, is a pretty happy fellow most of the time. I investigates his domain, makes bubble nests to impress, normal betta stuff. His quirk is that whenever I put food in the tank he'll swim up to it and puff his beard at it for a couple seconds. No clue why, he didn't do that when I first got him but since I moved him over the the 5.5 gallon he just flares his beard at every pellet and freeze-dried prey item I drop on in. It's pretty entertaining for me, since sometimes he flares at it for so long that it'll just begin to sink and he has to play catch up with supper.

Ah bettas certainly are intriguing little fish! One quirk a breeder guppy of mine named Sunrise has, is that whenever I put my finger against the tank, he'll sort of "kiss" the glass and my young sibling calls it! Obviously the poor little guy thinks it's food meanwhile it's his just his mean old owner teasing haha!

Back
Top Bottom