SMH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Congoman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why is it when you give people advice contrary to what they want to hear they automatically dismiss and and keep asking the same rediculous question until someone equally as ignorant gives them an answer they like? sorry just needed to get some member input on this.

until someone equally as ignorant gives them an answer they like?

You practically answered your own question ... Ignorance isn't always bliss and like misery .. it loves company. However .. In reference to those your referring to.. I firmly believe ignorance prevails until it starts to cost them heartache, time and $$$$$.

You practically answered your own question ... Ignorance isn't always bliss and like misery .. it loves company. However .. In reference to those your referring to.. I firmly believe ignorance prevails until it starts to cost them heartache, time and $$$$$.

Haha thank you I feel a little better now. I don't claim to be an expert. Not even close. But I am pretty knowledgeable and general fish keeping and am considerably knowledgeable about specific Genera of fish. If I'm giving you advice it usually comes from my personal experience not just some crap I pulled out of my anus.

And another thing, I understand this is a forum for beginners, experts, and everything in between. But seriously some of re threads people start are ridiculous. It's called google people. Prime example "What does cycling my tank mean?" Google will give you 32,000 sites in about 1/10th of a second that will explain the whole thing.

I agree with you. I'm a beginner by the way. And I have googled, and read, and researched everything. And I can tell you no two articles are alike. Kind of with opinions. No two are alike. Sometimes we just need yours and others opinions. I have taken some off here and some from what I've read and applied it to what I do. But I also appreciate all responses. I would rather get a response I didn't like then not one at all

And another thing, I understand this is a forum for beginners, experts, and everything in between. But seriously some of re threads people start are ridiculous. It's called google people. Prime example "What does cycling my tank mean?" Google will give you 32,000 sites in about 1/10th of a second that will explain the whole thing.

Ha..ha.

You know the great thing about this .. and other such forums? Everyone gets a voice(y). Know the not so great thing about this ... and other such forums? Everyone gets a voice:facepalm:.

So ... they'll be plenty of future cycling my tank questions and certainly much of the advice offered will be ignored until the ignorant OP reads that "sure you can stuff 5 goldfish in a bowl with water straight from the tap." post.

I agree with you. I'm a beginner by the way. And I have googled, and read, and researched everything. And I can tell you no two articles are alike. Kind of with opinions. No two are alike. Sometimes we just need yours and others opinions. I have taken some off here and some from what I've read and applied it to what I do. But I also appreciate all responses. I would rather get a response I didn't like then not one at all

See I'm not referring to hobbiest such as yourself. You did the research and are looking for clarification. That is IMO what the forums are for. I completely agree there is a ton of conflicting info out there. And speaking for myself and I'm sure others will agree I have no problem helping such hobbiest as yourself with sorting out info. I apologize if I offended or made you feel uncomfortable about posting. This was not my intent at all. I was directing my frustration tword those why just start a thread asking basic aquaria 101 questions without bothering trying to find out themselves first. And those who ask for ID without even trying to narrow it down themselves.

Basically it's this, if no one posted questions whether it be the same question over and over or a new question this wouldn't be much of a forum but just another information "how to" website. This forum would only consist of a small number of posts if people just went back and read the previous posts for information. The questions may seem the same but every tank is different and people like the one on one experience getting information on their tank and their fish to their specific topic. "So yes your Guppy is pregnant and no you don't need to refer to the thread below because no matter how many times it's answered, me as a user gives you reassurance on the fish because I answered it directly and didn't tell you to Google it."
This thread itself is in fact a repeated question
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/google-it-works-really-it-does-234483.html
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/aimed-at-newbies-224066.html

Back
Top Bottom