Snail Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erica1994

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Right now, I am heartbroken. I think my snail is dead, but I don’t know for sure. The lady at the pet store (mind you, she knew I had a snail) recommended that I take a dish, fill it with aquarium salt, and leave it open in the tank to kill any bacteria on my beta. My beta has a weird black bump on his head, and she thought that might help. Well, my super adorable, active snail got curious and climbed on in there. I came home after work to him in the salt, and his body super far in his shell... I’ve never seen him that far into his shell. I am so sad! I don’t know what to do and I don’t know if he’s dead!! He doesn’t stink, but I read it could take a few days. Any advice? I’ve exhausted google...

Attachments

• A6507532-F220-4605-ACFB-27FD826F0DA8.jpg
    A6507532-F220-4605-ACFB-27FD826F0DA8.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 2FA7EAF3-158C-461E-A281-E4A7DB3750B3.jpg
    2FA7EAF3-158C-461E-A281-E4A7DB3750B3.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 33
When snails die they will come out of hush shell most likely keep it moist and give it a few days too come out

So the thing is the salt will burn them the best thing you can do for him is put him back in the tank or in a extra tank by himself he is gonna stay in there to try and heal up, next time you add salt make sure you dissolve it first and not put to much just get a small cup fill it with your tank water and put the salt in once it dissolves add it to your tank. How is your betta looking? when you say a bump, how big is it?

Back
Top Bottom