Sooooo.......... funny story (NOT REALLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronjohn20

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm messing around trying to get my 10g birthing/fry tank all set up last night. I got my filter put in with a fluval pre filter sponge. Put my sponge filter in, let it soak for a few minutes then hooked it up to the air pump. Put the heater in and waited 15 minutes before plugging it in. Everything is going great! Until........ I get a phone call from the mother-in-law. Someone wrecked into the wifes 2000 Mustang. That car is her 4th child! This is the 2nd time someones hit her car in the past 6 months. Same dang spot too. First time the car needed a new front bumper, header panel, and headlights. A total bill of $450 (me doing all the work). I saved $50 by doin it myself cause our deductible is $500. Now it needs a new front bumper and a metal crash bar. Not to mention everything on the front end is pushed towards the drivers side by an inch or 2. Hood pops hard and unlatches hard also. I'm lettin the body shop do it this time cause of what damage may be hidden, unless the insurance just cuts me a check. Have to get an estimate done tomorrow. And here I thought my aquarium hobby is supposed to be soothing lol.

Sorry to you
I feel the same way everytime I lay down or whatever in front of my tanks to enjoy I get a call. She locked her keys in the car, the key won't open the door or I get home from work and nobody is here and bam they all come home. All I ask for is some peace and quite while I do it and it never happens. soo I feel your pain

It is what it is I guess. My kids always bug me to stick there fingers in the tank or to let them feed the fish, but I refuse to let them. I don't let them put there fingers in cause they are not a toy, and I don't let them feed them cause they are still too young and I don't want them thinking that ohhh dad and mom are asleep so ill go ahead and DUMP some food in for them. My kids love to get up super early and terrorize the house. Don't want them doin it to the fish also

Your loved ones are the important ones... be happy it was a smashed car and not a smashed wife!

What a blessing it was a car only!!!

Plan a lovely day out for all house inhabitants, minus yourself. Don't pick up the phone unless it is a life threatening emergency and enjoy the fish!

Just don't miss fun, memory making opportunities... The little ones grow up fast and move away...then sometimes, they don't even like fish :(

Just a thought.

Yea I wasn't too worried bout the car. I mean it is only the SECOND bumper I've had to put on in the last 6 months. We all enjoy the fish, even though I'm the only one that actually takes care of them. Well I guess my wife does feed them in the mornings. Its all good

oh man that really stinks. i hope the car isnt too expensive,and iits a good thing noone was hurt

If I need to enjoy fish by myself I go out on the lake by myself to fish..
You fixed it yourself the first time??? Sounds like you have skills.

tarpon said:
If I need to enjoy fish by myself I go out on the lake by myself to fish..
You fixed it yourself the first time??? Sounds like you have skills.

Well thank you and Yes I fixed it myself the last time. I bought a cheap bumper off of ebay for $80 and had the shop paint it to match for another $200, which isn't a bad price cause I priced the paint and for just the paint was $150. I've done just about anything you can imagine when it comes to vehicles. Motor swaps, tranny swaps, body panel swaps, rust repair, brakes, ohhh I could go on and on. I haven't been fishing in years.................

Back
Top Bottom