Sos HELP i need to transport a fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justforaday

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok listen, i really need all the help i can get here... if u see this i need to get a crew of people w ideas.

i leave on the 14th of august, then over the course of 2 nights and 3 days, i will be driving my betta fish from California to Washington State. i’m going to college and i really wanna have him there w me. i have a thought plan...

so i was thinking of like getting a CLEaN yogurt container or something, and modifying it with those lids that u would get at a petco/petsmart from when u buy a betta in store, i’m not going through any cold cold areas. so while driving he’s in the cup-container, but when i’m sleeping at night, i‘ll get a small acrylic tank w a heater, then move him back into the yogurt container when we r back in the car. i’m also thinking of filling up like a 5 gallon thing of water with the water from his current tank, to give him clean and fresh water. repeating this until i get to college, 10 o clock on the 17th.

what are the thoughts on this??

I dont get why a yoghurt container.

Wouldnt a 20 or 30 litre bucket with a lid be better? Or a tote box. Or even a plastic bag like they use to transport mailorder fish in.

I'd get one of them small 1gal/ 1.5gal containers they sell for bettas and a small filter with an DC to AC power adapter. Be sure to provide fresh water when you stop in the evenings which it sounded like you were planning on doing anyway.

You could even put one of those small filters in a small plastic storage tote, just modify the lid a bit.

Links to type of filter and adapter I'm talking about are provided below.

Betta filter, this is just one example there are lots of different ones to choose from.

DC to AC power adapter. Just be sure whatever power adapter you get it can handle the wattage of the filter. Which shouldn't be a problem because those tiny filters don't use much wattage.

* Depending on the type of small tank you're using at night you might be able to just put it on the passenger floor of your car and run whatever filter you were going to use with it off the power inverter while your driving.

If you are lucky enough to be traveling in a car that has an input like my truck you could buckle a five gallon bucket with a lid in the passenger seat the hook an extension cord in your vehicle that has a sponge filter and a heater attached.

Back
Top Bottom