Special Killer Bacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlk

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just thought I would share! My husband knows NOTHING about fish. Well, we visited our local 'chain' store yesterday because our 2yrold wanted to see all of the animals. My husband promptly asked the young girl working in the fish section for 10 platies. I told him 'NO' and tried to explain to him why you cant realistically house tropicals with fancies. He refused to listen.

Well, I did not expect any help from petstore employee & fully expected to be returning his fish tommorrow, her response actually left me speechless. She 'expertly' explained to my husband that goldfish have "special killer bacteria" in their poop that will kill any fish you put in their tank. I had to walk away from the conversation. Needless to say, he found me 15 minutes later and said "see, you dont know anything about fish! The special killer bacteria are why you cant keep platies with goldfish". I just smiled! :ROFLMAO:

Lol!!!

Special bacteria FTW!!

To be honest I've had to teach the manager of Pets At Home where I used to live (who had certificates to show training) about different types of fish being housed together :/

Hehe! That's epic. But, you have to give her props for convincing your husband not to buy the Platies. Maybe she realized he was not listening to you and decide to spice things up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom