Spouses...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitche8359

Aquarium Advice Addict
ARRRRGH is all I have to say. I found a 90 gallon setup on aquabid less than two miles from where we live and brought the idea up to my wife who freaked.

It's sort of ok, though cause there were other signs. Like not being able to log into aquabid before the auction ended last night. :(

Still she ought to know better than to tell me not to get something for myself the day before her b-day..... :twisted:

mitche8359 said:
Still she ought to know better than to tell me not to get something for myself the day before her b-day.....

Ouch!

Sucks you missed the tank. I'm lucky. My husband supports and encourages me. He thinks I'm crazy but, supports me still. :D

get something for myself the day before her b-day.....
Yeah man! Ya think you'd, errr I mean she'd know better, huh? Some nerve she has! :roll:

Breathe Tom.

Sorry you missed that deal, but you know the stars weren't aligned right. :wink:

Hmmm...wonders what Tom gave spouse for her last birthday? :wink:

I certainly understand and sympathize with you. A good deal for a 90 is few and far in between.

Keep hunting...you now don't have to wait for her birthday!

I wasn't wanting to get her the tank for her b-day. :) It was strictly for me :twisted:, but I'm the type that if I would have bought the tank for myself I would have bought her anything she pretty much wanted within reason.

AND if I recall correctly, last year I bought her some Pfaltzgraff dishes she wanted that matched her set. I know how romantic of me :) but its what she wanted.

You're right I don't have to wait until her b-day... she said at one point during our discussion that once the laundry room remodel is done she didn't care what tank I bought.

once the laundry room remodel is done she didn't care what tank I bought.

Sound like time to pull the hammer and nails out.

Hey, I just put new floor down on the laundry room floor. In return, I got to set up a new 40g tank in there. Nothing purchased, just a free one my LFS gave my to raise xenia. I didn't get to buy nothing new! :(

Tell you what, I'll drive up and do the laundry room remodel. Ya think she'll buy me a new 4 x96w PC?

Alright.... just thought I'd ask anyway. :oops:

Seriously, if you were a few hours closer, I'd help anyway. I love tearing stuff up and putting it back together again.

Good luck!

Sorry all the demo has been done. The laundry room has been taking TOOOO long to complete. I've gotten back to it the last couple of weekends though. Hope the ceiling gets completed this weekend. :)

Luckily my fiance and I are both obsessed with our fish.

Although lately she has had much more interest in our ball python... but a tanks a tank. :lol:

-brent

Yeah my wife has gotten into the tank thing lately as well. Likes going to the LFS has her own fishies. I might have just shocked her, cause I"ve never mentioned wanting another tank.

mitche8359 said:
I might have just shocked her, cause I"ve never mentioned wanting another tank.

That's a strategy I never thought of! Reverse psychology! :wink:

I'm gonna have to try this because I've been constantly saying we need a 55 since we got the 30!

heheheheheheheheheheheh The 90 g is back on the lot... reserve price wasn't met. 14 days..... I'll be working overtime on the laundry room. :)

Toirtis said:
You just keep believing whatever helps you sleep at night. :p

LOL

So there's an update. Last night after taking the family to dinner to celebrate my wife's d-day, we settle down in the rec room where the aquarium is. I feed the fish and run upstairs, returning with aluminum foil. I clear off the tank and start wrapping the tank in aluminum foil. My wife asks me what I was doing. I told her I was wrapping her last b-day gift. SHe didn't say anything. A few minutes later, the son comes over and he asks what am I doing. I tell him I'm wrapping mom's last b-day gift and did he want to help. He gladly helped and in a few minutes we had it almost completely covered. I told him we were gonna need a bow. My wife asked me why I was wrapping the tank and I told her cause I was giving her the tank so I could go out and get a tank for the son and myself. After it was done, she asked me why I really wrapped the tank and I told her to block out all the light to get rid of the blue green algae. I couldn't resist telling her it was her b-day gift though.

celebrate my wife's d-day,

You know "d" ain't no where close to the "b" on the keyboard. Like 3 whole keys away. You know, it's easy to notice those finger slips and they not mean anything.

I don't know about this one. :roll: I think you really need that laundry room finished - well. :lol:

is that's a fruedian slip?

it turned out to be a d-day for her at the end cause our son ratted her out for eating in the new car. He's three. :)

lol!! my boyfriend just roles his eyes and knows when we eventually get married (HE brought that subject up!!!!! ) we'll have an animal house :)

Is this typical? My wife "tolerates" my hobby and just shrugs when I get something new. However, I catch her jus stairing "our" tank all of the time. I will say this...I have developed some very creative accounting techniques because of this hobby. :lol:

My wife doesn't have a problem with me getting anything for the tank and just stares at the tank as well all the time. I guess she just doesn't subscribe to the more is better thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom