Stocked the 90 Gallon tall, I need a name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termitehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, with the help of my 11 and 9 year old I finally decided what to stock the 90 with. I have had 20 gold fish feeders in there to hold bio for a while now. (I made sure I ran the 18w UV on sterilizer on there for 4 days at 90 gph 24 hrs a day to kill of any parasites).

Fahaka (Nile) Puffer! He is only 2.5 inches long at this time. I put him in yesterday afternoon and he has already hit 2 feeders. (No, gold fish will not be a regular diet). But they will be processed out in a short time.

He will solo this tank until we move in 8 months and then go into a custom build with 3' x '4 ft foot print drilled in the center for filtration. He will solo that one as well.

Anyhow I NEED A NAME for this beast to be. Suggestions please! My kids will pick it most likely. I will post pics as soon as I can but right now he is adjusting, and taking advantage of the security of ostrich impersonation in his cavernous rock dwelling :)

I would name it Zeus or Corona, depending on the sex. I'm assuming male. Poseiden or Headfirst could be good. I once had a fish named Nolegs lol

Some great and funny replies! And Great name choices! Thanks for the wish of luck Bud. While he is not my first puffer, he is higher maintenance and more demanding compared to any other I have owned. Sometimes I'd rather be lucky than good.
As far as sexing this creature goes I will have to wait a while to see if eggs get dumped or not. They are a challenge to say the least to sex. So a boy or girl name will be equally looked at.

And yes a unique name is definitely called for here for a fish like this.

Zues
Corona
Poseidon
Headfirst
Mongoloid
Thorettes

Good choices so far. My kids and I are going to narrow it down over the weekend with what I see here and what they come up with.

Thanks for the Inputs folks! Keep em coming! :cool:

Alrighty. Good choices. I'm running these by the kids to get there opinion and we will pick our favorite.

Thanks again for all the suggestions :cool:

OK. Had some good names with some tough choices. My son had a strong one with Mr Puffington. But we decided on Smeegle. It just fits his/her personality.

Thanks for all the replies! By the way we are down to 6 goldfish and he still eats his krill every day. I have a feeling he is going to get big very fast (y)

OK. Had some good names with some tough choices. My son had a strong one with Mr Puffington. But we decided on Smeegle. It just fits his/her personality.

Thanks for all the replies! By the way we are down to 6 goldfish and he still eats his krill every day. I have a feeling he is going to get big very fast (y)
yaayyy you picked mine:):fish2:

Back
Top Bottom