Summer heat!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ryan-peddle said:
Poor pups I would wet them down in a cool bath if it gets any warmer it will bring their body temp down you will get kisses for that they must be panting like mad

They are hanging in we've got fans going... It's not tooooo terribly hot in the living room
But our bedroom is like an oven... We may be Sleeping in the living room tonight... Grrrr

we keep our AC set a little higher this time of year, like around the mid to upper 70s, and keep box fans/oscillating fans in the rooms that people are in. If we set it like we normally do, around 70 or so, it'd run nonstop all day and night.

Dang Flossie sorry to hear that but I kinda feel ya my truck has no a/c and with our 100+ weather it stinks having to drive 45 min to work in non rush hour traffic

Cdepriest6009 said:
Dang Flossie sorry to hear that but I kinda feel ya my truck has no a/c and with our 100+ weather it stinks having to drive 45 min to work in non rush hour traffic

:( that stinks .... The guy came this am so hopefully it's fixed

The drive home tonight is going to suck with no a/c

Attachments

• image-3465429675.jpg
    image-3465429675.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 88
ryan-peddle said:
Yeah I was roofing today and it hit 40 degrees I was literally melting to the roof

I really wouldn't wanna roof in this heat I have poured concrete in it and that was bad enough.

Cdepriest6009 said:
The drive home tonight is going to suck with no a/c

... I'd rent a hotel... I am NOT driving in that with no AC lol. Or I'd install I giant fan in the back seat :)

Homedog98 said:
... I'd rent a hotel... I am NOT driving in that with no AC lol. Or I'd install I giant fan in the back seat :)

Well I roll both windows down and avoid traffic and stop lights so I dont have to slow down much

Cdepriest6009 said:
Well I roll both windows down and avoid traffic and stop lights so I dont have to slow down much

U can actually get those fans that hook into the cigarette thingie!! Lol that might help a little :(

Hi from the pacific NW where it's been between 85-92* for almost a week. We usually have cool wet weather even in the summer, not this year, last summer too. It got so unusually warm I bought an air conditioner for my bedroom. I put it in the garage for the winter to protect it and when I put it back in the window 2 weeks ago it lasted for one and quit. 3 weeks past the one year warranty, I'M NOT HAPPY.
I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer, to see if they will replace it or if I have to spend another $260.00 to get a new one.
My fish aren't to happy either, the temp hasn't dropped but 15* or so at night, so the tank temp started to climb in the 2-10 tanks. One has Fry and the other has very young 1 1/2 to 2" BN Plecos. 2 Green Dragon BN & 3 Long Fin Albino BN Plecos. I've been making ice with Prime/tap in them so that I can just drop some in every now & then it drops the temp. So far none of them seem to mind. I try not to let the water get to hot before I add ice, so they don't get stressed out by the temp change. All of us need our cool air back.
Some one should start a thread on clever ways to stay cool when the weather gets like this. I would do it myself but I don't know any clever and not so clever ways to stay cool. I just complain about it, it doesn't help.

Flossie said:
U can actually get those fans that hook into the cigarette thingie!! Lol that might help a little :(

Lol yea but the air coming through the window at 70mph might over power the fan.

Cdepriest6009 said:
Lol yea but the air coming through the window at 70mph might over power the fan.

Lol im not thaaaaaat blonde !!! It wouldnt at stop lights and traffic :)

Cdepriest6009 said:
Did I mention that I live in OKLAHOMA were the wind blows like crazy. A 20mph wind is a breeze

Ok ok ok. I give up!!! Lol

Yes I love it when I win lol and plus what money I don't spend on rent and gas goes to fish stuff so I don't ever have the money lol

A car fan is only about $10.00, but they don't work all that well.
I got one for my SUV and it just moves the hot air around. Which is the same as having the windows down.

10 years ago I put $500.00 into my SUVs air conditioner and it didn't work again by the fallowing summer, so I gave up.

So now we use my daughters car in the summer. It has a really great air conditioner, since it's a 2009. Then we use my SUV with snow tires in the winter, cause it has an incredible heater. It's really warm even in cold snowy and/or icy weather.

Well I'm glad I'm not going any were today we only surpassed the high by 5 degrees today I'm so glad we have an a/c.

Attachments

• image-1460733261.jpg
    image-1460733261.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom