SW or FW?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Now I know I'm going to be blasted by all the freshwater "freaks" out there but before you fire your guns hear me out....

Personally, I think freshwater is pretty lame. The fish are boring, most of them are gray, and the tanks look like a blob of algae. They are usually very greenish looking without much color and a few grayish/blackish and occasional orange fish swimming around. On the other hand, saltwater is more interesting with so many exciting fish and possible reef designs. There are corals and plants and of course the salt water enthusiasts favorite: LIVE ROCK :wink: .

Well....I dont mean to hurt anyone's feelings or sound mean but this is my honest opinion that I share with my friend who hates freshwater even more.

Wow, I feel so much better after saying that. Ok now it's every freshwater freaks turn out there to lynch me and the moderator's chance to delete a post.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- $imple

O.K. I'll go first... :D

You are intitled to your own opinion and thats great.

Freshwater boring?
I THINK NOT!!!!!

First of my tanks are not even close to being green and have NO alage what so ever.
The only green ever in my tanks is live plants.
My Oscars are VREY colorful..Red Oscar, Tiger Oscar(orange and black) and a common Oscar that is gray and black.
Yes those are the colors you listed.

But my bettas are red, pink and blue.

My African Cihlid tank has great color.
I have 10 baby yellow(not a color you listed..hmm)labs and will soon get 10 electric blues(not a color you listed).

Saltwater fish are very bright and colorful but cost WAY TO MUCH!!
The equipment is twice as much and so is every thing associated with saltwater.

If that wasnt so Im sure there would be alot more saltwater fish keepers.

Most of the fish are grey? Wow, didn't know that considering all of the fish I own have been orange, red, blue, light blue, pearl, yellow, green

The ciclides have pretty shimmering bodies.

Have you ever owned a FW or gone to pick out freshwater fish? To have a design of your own? You really shouldn't "hate" something until you have done a little more research.

That's True, There are many things I liek of both, here is an example:

Freshwater:
1) the Discus, pleacos and Angels are the most beautiful fish in the freshwater area, not only do they have character, but they are also colorful.
2) with some great pieces of maylasian driftwood and live plants, those Discus, plecos and Angels would look stunning, not to forget to add black gravel to inhance the colors.
3) The filtration system does't have to be too extreme. In turn, more money for fish and live plants.

Saltwater:
1) Come on a piece of the sea in your home, just the thought of it is wonderful.
2) Once you have all the right filtration systems, the tank can take care of itself.
3) unlimited amount of colors to choose from. not to forget inverts, fish and corals you can have a wonderful reef in your home that fish in the wild would envy. LOL.
4) They are by far to fish with the most character.

Yeah. Dont hate what you dont understand!

You're entitled to your own opinion but you don't have to be rude.. :nono:

:soap:

and what makes you think we WOULDN'T fire our guns after an ignorant post like that? I agree, my tank has NO algae whatsoever except for some very healthy green algae on my driftwood for my pleco to eat. My water is crystal clear and my fish are anything but "not colorful"
I think saltwater tanks are also very beautiful. They're just very expensive to maintain at this point in my life and I'm sure when I move out and get my own house I will own one. Along with a freshwater tank

So stuff a :censor: in it :rocket:
Dan

I'm not being rude, I didn't direct an insult or any negative comments towards anyone. I just said I think freshwater is lame. And no matter what you say they are.

So I guess I'm right since none of you brought up any decent pieces of evidence to support your freshwater claims.

We can end this discussion now, I just owned you guys.

This is the very thing that brings people to set up a FW tank versus a SW tank - it has to be visually pleasing or you would not bother to fool with the maintenance and attention that must be paid to them. Two people with the same money in their pocket won't spend it the same way, and they shouldn't.

I have an African cichlid tank that has coral rock in it with sand, and brightly colored cichilds in it, and if I had a dime for every person who asked me if it was a SW tank I would be rich!
f7c13d95.jpg

I'm not being rude, I didn't direct an insult or any negative comments towards anyone. I just said I think freshwater is lame. And no matter what you say they are.

So I guess I'm right since none of you brought up any decent pieces of evidence to support your freshwater claims.

We can end this discussion now, I just owned you guys.

Childish is more like it. :roll:

I have done both fw and sw. I like sw better but that's just me. I have had some beautiful fw fish. The only reason I don't have any fw (except my 3 betta's, 1 blue, 1 green and 1 white (all of which you didn't mention), is the tank palcement had the tank in direct sunlight and I got tired of fighting green water all the time.

Fw lame, I think now. You on the other hand may be. 8O

Calling people and their opinions lame is just as rude as telling them they are stupid for liking FW

And im sure there are more than enough people on this board who have the capability to show off their gorgeous FW tanks, but I don't blame them for not wanting to waste the time for someone who calls them lame.

You big lame-o =oP

and the moderator's chance to delete a post
We don't delete posts here.

I strongly encourage you to look through member's galleries at the gorgeous diversity offered in FW. Apistos and rams come to mind, followed by peacocks, Mbuna, rainbow fish, loaches, serpae tetras, silver tips, Lake Tang species, bb gobies, various plecos, discus, Badis badis, endler's live bearers, guppies, Blue Acara and South American cichlids, killies, tiger barbs, green barbs, rosy barbs,bettas--male and female, rasboras, goldfish and koi are also colorful.
That's all I can think of off the top of my mind.

you obviously haven't seen adult Bosemani Rainbows flaring and coloring for each other.

Moooose

I think this sums up the feelings of Fresh Water fish lovers:
[center:716f1d8a52] URAJRKPLSGOAWAY [/center:716f1d8a52]

It's so hard to use that one!!! :twisted:

OK people why attack the person for his opinion, I changed to saltwater from fresh since I felt similar, the only thing is I would say it the way he did. but, we must remember that we all are entitled for our own opinions.

OK people why attack the person for his opinion
He is more than welcome to his opinion, but the way he expressed it leaves much to be desired.

FWIW, my last post was humorous--how many here knew that abbreviation was available??? :biglol:

well it is lame. that just what it is. i have to be honest. its not an opinion, its a proven fact.

I own a SW tank, and I totally disagree with your opinion. But then again it is just your opinion.

I happen to think that some of the most beautiful tanks are planted tanks. I n the future I want to try one. I aslo think there is more of a variety of colorful fish in SW, but there are many in FW as well. Discuss = Beautiful fish.

PS. I think that you are just trolling here, and you are very childish. :nono:

Not childish for your opinion, but childish in the way you express your opinion.

Your momma needs to :whip: you hard!

$imple said:
Personally, I think freshwater is pretty lame.

this is my honest opinion that I share with my friend who hates freshwater even more.

It's an opinion. And don't contradict yourself; it makes you look really stupid. :lol:

PROVEN fact? So they have scientists out there that are actually gathering facts together to prove that a saltwater aquarium is much better than a freshwater?!

I never thought I'd say this to anyone here, but seriously, just leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom