Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niamhr.3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Dalmatian Molly recently gave birth to some fry a few days ago and I have to swap my guppies for different fish as they are getting picked on this weekend (no choice in the matter it has to be done this weekend). Does anyone know what community fish would be okay with the new fry and will also be okay with my Molly fish ?

What size tank do you have? There are lots of fish that can go with mollies.
Also lots if hiding spots will help the fry to survive. Moss or floating plants are great.

Unfortunately there are few fish that will get along with fry unless you have LOTS of hiding areas only the fry can get in, even mom will consider them a tasty snacks

What size tank do you have? There are lots of fish that can go with mollies.

Also lots if hiding spots will help the fry to survive. Moss or floating plants are great.

i ended up getting platies and the aquarium shop said that because i have biorb gravel then they should survive a few of them. i also told him that i had successfully reared a few groups of fry in the past and he said they’d be okay and they are mostly leaving them alone.

Unfortunately there are few fish that will get along with fry unless you have LOTS of hiding areas only the fry can get in, even mom will consider them a tasty snacks

the aquarium shop said that because i have biorb gravel then they should survive a few of them. i also told him that i had successfully reared a few groups of fry in the past and he said they’d be okay and they are mostly leaving them alone.

Back
Top Bottom