Test your ocean knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well i failed... 0/5

is the guy in your avatar someone famous (looks like chandler from friends)

Only 2/5. I still don't see how a cold winter in the U.S. would cause an El Nino, but whatever haha.

I took a guess on all but one of them.

I got 5.
And I only do FW.

Might start looking at a SW tank ;-)

Attachments

• score-5_798.gif
    score-5_798.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 8
Those questions are actually harder than most of the questions used in the real NOSB rounds.....but the questions that they do ask are still pretty hard! I'm always amazed at how well the high school kids do with them.

BTW I've been a timekeeper for the RI/CT NOSB regional competition for the past 4 years. It's held where I go to school.

hey newfound77951 how is your NOSB team doing?

Were having trouble finding members. we have 4. We need an alternate and well have team!

oh its jason bateman. Arrested Development

how is your NOSB team doing

ha ha.....it's been a while since I was in high school! I actually volunteer to help run the competition, the school were I am is the URI Graduate school of Oceanography. So I would definitely be ineligible to compete! As I sit and time the competitions I do try to answer the questions myself, though, and they are tough! Even after 4.5 years of oceanography grad school! 2 years ago the team that won our regionals went on to win nationals (Cranston West) which was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom