The cost of living in Paradise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Rant.....I just bought a pail of salt...200g and it cost me $109.00. Fifty bucks for the salt and $59.00 shipping. LOL I use to worry and get mad at the cost of shipping, but that only brings up my blood pressure. LOL
The old saying here is "If you want to live in paradise you have to pay for it"....Hahahahaha

Lol true to that. I need over a grand to get my next tank upgrade and filter unless someone is nice enough to donate me a 150gallon tank for my clown loaches lol.

Where do you live?

Im going to paradise tonight lol

1332766014_6e04b26013.jpg

Celtic are playing Rangers, wish us luck(Celtic)

Shugo said:
Lol true to that. I need over a grand to get my next tank upgrade and filter unless someone is nice enough to donate me a 150gallon tank for my clown loaches lol.

Craigslist will lower that price significantly. I set tanks on there all the time and also filters and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

celticfan said:
Where do you live?

Im going to paradise tonight lol

Celtic are playing Rangers, wish us luck(Celtic)

Mass? I live in MA and its not to much of a paradise lol

I live in London and it's just not worth buying salt over the net!!! I pay £22 for 4 kg of good quality salt!! That's like $32 for 4 kg!!!!!! I do a 10% pwc per week on a 46 uk gallon tank at a cost of £40 ($55) per month.. How can they charge so much in this country??? Any way of making it my self lol jk

Salt is high over there! Stay diligent on Craigslist, that's where I got my tank. There are 150 gallon tanks on there for a few hundred bucks all the time, that is with the stand too.

Well, petco sells Hawaiian natural seawater from Hawaii....bottled in California....Hahaha They also sell Hawaiian caught fish imported from Californa also.
Things are high here due to shipping cost. I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with those crappy marineland heaters that seem to fry your fish or freeze them. LOL

Well, petco sells Hawaiian natural seawater from Hawaii....bottled in California....Hahaha They also sell Hawaiian caught fish imported from Californa also.
Things are high here due to shipping cost. I feel sorry for you guys having to deal with those crappy marineland heaters that seem to fry your fish or freeze them. LOL

how u do dat?

Big company don't deal to small jobbers so they fill up a tanker sail it to LA, bottle it there and ship it back to Hawaii. Hard to believe but that's what they do. LOL

Hawaii, you do live in paradise : (
Everything is relative, we can't keep hard corals, strict rules on sand and rock removal. They say you can take some rock but not with lifeforms on it. " what do you call lifeforms....bacteria. Hahaha so we are stuck with Zoos and such.

thincat said:
Everything is relative, we can't keep hard corals, strict rules on sand and rock removal. They say you can take some rock but not with lifeforms on it. " what do you call lifeforms....bacteria. Hahaha so we are stuck with Zoos and such.

I heard they are trying to ban some fish too is this true?

Why do they have rules for what you can and can't get? Their worried they could be introduced into the ocean out there?

Purevil21 said:
Why do they have rules for what you can and can't get? Their worried they could be introduced into the ocean out there?

I believe Hawaii is very strict with live rock and fish. I don't know why but I heard that they are trying to make a law about fish owning.

Big company don't deal to small jobbers so they fill up a tanker sail it to LA, bottle it there and ship it back to Hawaii. Hard to believe but that's what they do. LOL

interestingly stupid LOL! sorry to offend, but i meant the fish..

Back
Top Bottom