The Future???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about aquariums with a TV or computer screen as the back glass. You could be on AA, watch TV as you watch your fish or change your background scene. OS.

Colour charts on test kit results will actually be distinct?

Your tank will have a camera, etc on it and your computer will tell you of any problems or sick fish and name the exact disease and treatment.

Actually maybe the computer can figure out if they are talking!

Fish 1 - another boring day.

Fish 2 - I keep telling you we should move....

Maybe someone will discover a or more microorganisms that will make it where you don't have to change water, they take care of ALL the bad stuff and aren't a nuisance. Only top offs.

Oooooo....what about a lotion that you apply to your arm, it doesn't leach in the tank nor is it toxic, and it keeps you dry....
Edit: there are great waterproofing products but the toxicity and skin safe might be an issue

This is what I wanted this thread to be, a good discussion about what 'may' happen to our hobby. I honestly think virtual tanks are inevitable, whether we like it or not. Just like all those rich folks who have huge aquariums and never get their hands wet. They get someone else to do all the work and just show it off to their buddies!!!.
This will creep up on us slowing. It's not like we'll wake up some day and it will be there, it will happen gradually. Think about the possibilities, you could have tanks where they are difficult to normally have one, check out the dentists tank while your actually getting a filling, in a surgery theatre etc etc. Maybe I'm just nuts but I really think it will happen. Think about if you could click your fingers and go back in time to a young(er) Old Scales.....1million yrs ago. Bring all your current equipment with you and show him. He'd laugh at you, give you a slap and tell you to get the hell out of his house
Just for the record, I like things the way they are!!!!!

Dreaming of a happy meal.

Digital tanks are here! OS, you made it it! You can get wifi pumps and all sorts of computer controlled things now mate. A full on suite is available should you have the funds, In the future hopefully they could cost less!

Ian, If it went that way, (rich only) I'd have no tanks, but I'd be busy working for those that could afford it, so I would technically be in charge of many tanks! Hurrah! Top job I'd say. They would be my fish, I keep them alive after all! If that's the near future we'd be indispensable to some.

I do remember the new LED light rigs, they happened right near the start for me. All you had basically were the t8 and halide. Now you get all sorts of fancy t5 luminaire and bendy twisty tubes, Vho and various blends of the above!
The neysayers did speak bad things about those led units until some major influences produced some astonishing test results. They are very capable. I'd like to see them everywhere in the future, led rigs for free, come on mcdonalds happy meal me!
(I like led units because they use less energy, last longer and will probably cost less long term, also they are possibly better overall as far as recycling goes, unit cost is big though! So I still run tubes)

Hopefully in the future I am rich enough to keep fish, fish with led lights.
Who mentioned the computer chip fish? Put a blue led in it and I'll take a shoal!
:rocol:

Back
Top Bottom