The most exciting thing in this hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We all have a reason for why we love the hobby of fish keeping so much what is yours

Raising fry.

I love to guess at what there colors and personalities will be, and to watch them grow into it.

Watching a planted tank progress from being newly planted and empty to fully grown and completely stocked!:)

This is one of my favourite things as well. I have to agree with bettaowner on breeding cichlids too. Even though I've never done it apart from GBR,Ive read other peoples breeding logs and can't wait for my apisto's to breed!

Watching fish enjoy all your hard work and seeing them truly appreciate you. I love when they can recognize me *tears up*

So these are the only people that have something nice to say about aquiriums

Investing a lot of time and effort (and money) into a tank and seeing happy fish in it. I think it is awesome how I can have my own little ecosystem.

I really like all the planning and research that goes into putting a new tank up and always trying new things. Doing research on stocking is my favorite part. It took almost a month to get my stock list down for my 125. It drove my gf nuts because it took so long, that was fun to lol

My favorite part is seeing new wild caught fish hitting the marketplace. Too many fake fish in the hobby at the moment for me (IMO)

well whats your favorite things about the hobby?

Mine is watching happy fish in there own little world. I also enjoy all my hard work paying off with an amazing natural looking tank full of fish

Mine is watching happy fish in there own little world. I also enjoy all my hard work paying off with an amazing natural looking tank full of fish

i love raising fry, watching my creations come to life, i enjoy taking care of my fish, i love learning new things all the time, rescuing fish, oh and i love big fish with big personalities :) in two weeks I've already taught my red devil to rub up against my hands and eat right out of my hands. she is a rescue
img_2605791_0_fed8f3fdde96e3978f93b18454c17417.jpg

i love raising fry, watching my creations come to life, i enjoy taking care of my fish, i love learning new things all the time, rescuing fish, oh and i love big fish with big personalities :) in two weeks I've already taught my red devil to rub up against my hands and eat right out of my hands. she is a rescue

She is gorgeous!

I think it's choosing your fish and watching the aquarium come to life!
Either that, or watching fish pair up and care for their fry. It's a wonderful feeling knowing your little babies feel safe and healthy enough to have children. All because of the hard work you put into the hobby! :)

It's doing your homework before setting up the tank. Watching everything fall into place and so much more. Aquariums aren't just glass/acrylic containers with fish in them.

I agree with tetra doing your homework and havin it work out is pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom