The Sea Urchin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today in English I had to write a short story about anything I wanted. So I wrote something that expresses my love of the ocean. It's kinda cheezy.. But enjoy if you wish. :D

One fine day in a small part of The Great Barrier Reef, a sea urchin was sifting through the sand with its long poisonous spines. Its mouth picked up small pieces of food laying in the sand. Being a bottom dweller, the sea urchin didn't do much other than eat and move. The bright yellow sun refracted on the rolling waves above, casting a shimmering glow through the clear blue waters and on to the magnificent, brittle corals. The anemones swayed gently in the current. Their movement resembled wind blowing through a grassy field. Brightly colored clown fish swam effortlessly between the corals and took cover inside the anemones when a larger fish tried to eat them. A few yellow tangs swam close by, as school of angelfish picked at the small bits of food floating through the water. Hiding somewhere in the rock was an eel waited patiently for a small unsuspecting fish to swim by. Its small cave was the grave site of many baby fish. A few coral banded shrimp scurried over the corals, their antenna waved wildly around sensing the pristine environment that surrounded them. They spent hours eating small bits of food and debris. A few sea horses swam in a sheltered area on top of the reef, and a starfish inched its way over the rocks that surrounded them. Yes, this small piece of reef was a beautiful paradise for aquatic creatures. The warm blue waters, the gentle waves above, and an almost endless food supply. What more could anyone ask for?​

I know! I have honestly nagged and begged my parents for months and months now. (I'm only 16 and it sucks :() Anyway, I plan defiantly getting one when I go off to college if not before. SW fish are really beautiful I wish i could have a huge tank :D.

Keep nagging your parents. Tell them you want a 500 gal. tank with a 200 gallon sump. Use the reasoning that it's still allot smaller then the ocean. ;)

````or````

you could ask for the 500 gallon tank with the 200 sump and then tell them that you would be willing to start with a 125 tank. How about visiting Craigslist for a good used bunch of equipment.

Oh, and that's a great story, I enjoyed it!

XD I think I'll try that!

Last time I asked her response was "NO! You'll ruin the hardwood floors!" But there aren't any hardwood floors in the room I want to put it in.. O__o

Yeah just search craigslist until you find a really good deal and then show it to your parents. Tell them its such a good deal that you could use the tank for a couple years then turn around and sell it for a profit :)

Back
Top Bottom