The stink eye.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LandLocked

Aquarium Advice Regular
How far did "they" let you take it before you got "Another what....No no NO more tanks, no I don't care." Tonight was mine, I think the RO filter and like 3 or 4 buckets in "her" laundry room did it and I use the laundry room sink cause it's nice and deep, a 5 gallon fits under with room, I do end up with some crap spread out. I think my wife just had enough for a little bit, a 29g in the upstairs bathroom a 60g in the living room (that I must add is really really quite for the amount of water moving) but thats beside the point. I brought up that we have fry now and it will probably happen more and maybe we should start a small coral tank. You know the serious voice "Maybe you should move to the basement with the fish"
It is a cement floor with drains so maybe :)

How far did "they" let you take it before you got "Another what....No no NO more tanks, no I don't care." Tonight was mine, I think the RO filter and like 3 or 4 buckets in "her" laundry room did it and I use the laundry room sink cause it's nice and deep, a 5 gallon fits under with room, I do end up with some crap spread out. I think my wife just had enough for a little bit, a 29g in the upstairs bathroom a 60g in the living room (that I must add is really really quite for the amount of water moving) but thats beside the point. I brought up that we have fry now and it will probably happen more and maybe we should start a small coral tank. You know the serious voice "Maybe you should move to the basement with the fish"
It is a cement floor with drains so maybe :)

I've made it to 5 tanks running and two more waiting to be set up and he hasn't told me to stop yet! I guess I'm lucky, he loves the fish. Plus he doesn't have to do any of the work, although he is happy to help haul buckets when needed. Although I have a water changer for the big tanks now so he doesn't have to help out often. He didn't even flinch when I was talking about getting a Rubbermaid tub to grow out baby crayfish, in addition to the 7 tanks I will have running by the end of the month.

I don't think it's the actual tank or the fish, it's all the clutter I create in the process.

image-3831310911.jpg

Today I was joking around and said I was off to pco to pick up a few tanks she said ok you got enough money. Guess it was just a small venting last night, Todays plan is clean up clutter and mount the RO under the sink.

I don't think it's the actual tank or the fish, it's all the clutter I create in the process.

Today I was joking around and said I was off to pco to pick up a few tanks and said ok you got enough money. Guess it was just a small venting last night, Todays plan is clean up clutter and mount the RO under the sink.

Yeah I love my fish but I'd have a spack attack at the clutter and stuff everywhere lol

Yeah I love my fish but I'd have a spack attack at the clutter and stuff everywhere lol

image-1349579786.jpg

See compared to all the toys my tank looks out of place, I keep my tank and tank area clear but it's like Disney, somewhere that you can't see is a bunch of dirty "workings" of the magic. My backstage just happens to smash right into my wife's real work area. In case anyone was wondering, limiting washer access is what did it. We all good now ;)

Haha the joys of children looks like my house my child has a toy shop I swear! Yep well it has to be kept somewhere just not in the laundry in your case :) haha

Filter is under the sink, buckets also fit under the sink, all random build junk is gone, out of sight....
I just got home with 3 new tanks, that dollar sale got me. Picked up a 40g breeder (just to store for now) a 20g long to set up for fry, maybe spilt it up into a few ? and a 10g regular to build a sump for my 29g upstairs. She still loves me too.

Yeah, our hall bathroom is my disaster area. The tub has become home to all the buckets, and there is a residue of sand and plant particles in it. We don't use that tub, though, so he doesn't really mind. I'm in the process of turning a spare bedroom into something of a fish room, so there's a lot of fish clutter in there too, but it has actually improved since it was a junk room before.

All my tanks are downstairs, that's my parents rule. As long as I keep the humidity down somehow, keep things clean, pay for the majority of stuff myself, and keep up with school and my chores, my parents are okay. They're letting me set a 55 gallon saltwater tank up :)

All my tanks are downstairs, that's my parents rule. As long as I keep the humidity down somehow, keep things clean, pay for the majority of stuff myself, and keep up with school and my chores, my parents are okay. They're letting me set a 55 gallon saltwater tank up :)

My mom's rule was one 10 gallon in my room and that was it. I wish I could have done a 55 back then. She always complained about my having tanks after I moved out, too. Thought that caring for a 20, a 5, and later a 30 would distract me from my studies in college. However after I graduated with a 3.7 GPA she helped me go pick up my 56 gallon last summer. Good thing, too, since it was in the town she lives in, my car was out of commission at the time, and even if it ran I couldn't have fit the thing into my car! I had trouble getting the 30 home in it! But it was a great Craigslist find and she couldn't argue with me spending less than I had on pretty much any of my other tanks.

Haha the joys of children looks like my house my child has a toy shop I swear! Yep well it has to be kept somewhere just not in the laundry in your case :) haha

The joys of an empty nest!!!!! Mine just left for Okinawa, so his room is now ALL MINE!!! MwaHaHaHa...:brows:

I think 2 tanks of any type is about my limit. I get the stink eye every time I tinker with one of them. I think she likes the tanks. She would probably like them less if she knew how much they cost. But, I think we both know she is better off not knowing... she never asks :)

I think 2 tanks of any type is about my limit. I get the stink eye every time I tinker with one of them. I think she likes the tanks. She would probably like them less if she knew how much they cost. But, I think we both know she is better off not knowing... she never asks :)

Yah, I think if he kept track of how much I've put into all of them he might go a little crazy. I peeled the price stickers off of all the cups my female Bettas came in when I went and got six of them a few weeks ago. No, honey, I didn't just spend $40 on more fish after spending $70 to get one imported from Thailand...

Hahaha, agreed! I never buy my fish stuff with the credit card....no evidence!! Also, I like to point out to my husband if I had a fish room my clutter would be confined to one space....he doesn't feel this is a good enough reason to move house, change the kids school etc. What is wrong with him??? ;-)

My husband and I just got into a small argument last night about me getting a 5 gallon. He did not have to invest any money into it and neither did I, my father bought it for me as a another birthday gift, plus he had a coupon he wants to use.

Anyways all is well now, hopefully going to get it set up on Friday when I don't have class, it's just a small 5 gallon. He keeps asking were I'm going to put it because we are somewhat limited on room and I know that is part of the issue. Our house is full of clutter, and John Deere tractors. My 4 year old has a slight obsession with them. I think the metal ones hurt worse than a lego to step on.

Mine was today when she found out how much a single male apisto is gonna run me lol but its within my fish budget sooo...ha :) lol

My suggestions of a tank in the family room or living room were vetoed long ago. Right now there is one in the office and most recently the bedroom. Of course it had to be deadly silent and with a nice stand to hide the "unsightly" stuff. I have been doing water testing in the master bathroom and she said it looked like a chemistry lab. Kids rooms are off limits because teenage boys are not know for their neatness "Smells like a locker room in here".
Of course it does not hurt when I say "hey honey let's go to Michael's" ( so I can look for manzanita DW)

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer :) I just got home with a beautiful cedar lined chest from goodwill (60$) to setup my 40 breeder on to hold the fish from my 60g while I get the drain and stand figured out like I should have long before I put fish in it. I'll edit in a pic after I figure out how to get it upstairs like a ninja. The breeder is still hide in garage, she asked how big it was and I just said this tank is a 60 gallon so it's about 2/3 the size, really it looks huge.

I think it's gorgeous, the inside is, the outside is stained too dark for me but the whole top appears to be one solid slab of cedar :) I'm going to use it now then maybe later I can refinish it with just clear to show of the natural colors. It had 4 casters that are now removed, only bad thing is the top is hinged with all sides being solid, I'll get no in stand storage, I still like it.

image-2244349702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom