The tank theme you'd love to build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
People have such great themes. Some of us are more committed than others. (I'm in the less committed category despite my ambitions)

I'm curious what kind of theme you would give a tank, and how it would play out.

I'll start:
I've always wanted to do a minute house setup. I'd put a frame for a room big enough to hold some dollhouse furniture and make a couple different "rooms," like a bedroom and kitchen. Logistics are the main reason I don't do that. Finding water safe dollhouse furniture isn't easy, and it would be such a huge task to clean.

I've also contemplated a multi-layer tank. Not full separate layers, but like those shelves that Pennplax makes. Again, logistics. It would be so hard to clean.

What kind of themes do you daydream about?

I’m fortunate that I am pretty much livin the dream. But if I could do a larger tank with an auto change water system I’d be stoked.

Now my hubbie would want me to go full on reef. But honestly I love the plants in the tank look way too much. More relaxed.

I would absolutely love to do a high tech planted tank using nothing but the redest colored plants, and nothing else, all red plants, little to no green if possible. I just might be able to pull that off with my next tank.... we will see.

I dream of what I can not have....Well not today !:whistle:
BIG, maybe even BIGGER...
This might be about the gallons I would like...
https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=AwrBT...wqA4EMu0/RK=0/RS=.I4Kp2lMZQMmNacQpxI9J4izM8w-
I am more likely to end up with a set up like this though do to basement layout . The room available [soon] is aprox. 8' x 14' .
https://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=AwrBT...FLZErAWg/RK=0/RS=vFUny4gXEuiBScx3SCD_86ylT.E-
As for fish no doubt about it for me ...Arrowanna !and maybe whoever would not bother him or be eaten..I would definitely go planted with serious light and filtration...
I mean serious !:eek:
I look at these two videos about every 2-3 months..
Soon I should have possession of 3/4 of the basement....It won't be long after that ! :brows:

I'll just leave this here.... lol

No, really what I'd love to do is get a "huge" maybe a few hundred gallon tank or bigger, and put local fish in (bluegill, crappie, perch, maybe a bullhead catfish) along with lots of big rocks, wood, plants, etc.

Back
Top Bottom