The Village

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frshwaterfinatc

Aquarium Advice Freak
What did you think of M. Night Shyalaman's movie, The Village?

I thought it was wonderful! Went to see it last night, there were about 750 people in the theatre! People were fighting for seats... it was a mad house. All through the movie Jr Higher girls were screaming during the intense moments. Don't know if that added to the viewing or not. I loved the twists, and the fact that none of the previews gave any of the movie away for me. Kept sitting there seeing a scence clip from the prevs and thinking, "okay- I remember that, but what does it mean? " All in all a great experience. Going to go see it again. (Without the screaming masses) :wink:

I have heard its a good movie and the previews give nothing away. Seems like over the last few years the previews have often been the best parts of the movie.

I read it was excruciatingly predictable and everyone would know the twist before it was revealed, though the review did not give away any details at all. I imagine if you like Signs you will like it, too, and I had mixed feelings about Signs but my husband LOVES that movie. I'll go see it, though - kinda bummed that I read a crummy review 'cause it sets me up ahead of time. :?

I am going to see it tomorrow, and I cannot wait! I am very excited! I will report back here!

Loved Sixth Sense, liked Signs, but this movie's on my "wait for DVD" list. When rottentomatoes.com gives it less than 60%, I tend to avoid it.

Yeah, my local newspaper gave bad ratings for it. And I wasn't impressed by Signs at all. But it really is good, and unless I'm just kinda clueless, it really does surprise with all the twists. :) Go see it and tell me what you think! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom