This is gonna be so cool!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SquishyFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am talking to a local glass artist about doing this for my formal living room. It would sit on my coffee table. I want it to be about 2 foot long and the head would be about the size of a cantaloupe. Im thinking dark blue or purple. What do ya'll think.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. If you use both colors, but keep them seperate and distinct, you could get some really cool motteling effects.

Also...You could use clear glass to simulate water. So not only could he look like he was fresh out of the ocean, but you could also make it look like he was sitting in a puddle on the table.

Im considering taking him some LR (painted to look like it does in the tanks) and having him put the octo on the rock. He could use the glass to make it look like water rolling down the rock...It could be really stunning.

Liquid...those are colors I handnt thought of combining, but ones that I think would look really good! I'll definately consider that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Menagerie..

The vases and such (each are one-of-a-kind pieces) run between 250-450.00. So I would guess this could easily run as high as a grand. But Kim and I are wanting to invest in some impressive art pieces for the house....

I forgot to mention...this will be in the same room with my tank!

I love art, I just can't afford it. Two years ago my fiance and I went to a local art/painting show and ended up sending too much $$, but it was worth it. Why I bought a water color of a buffalo, I don't know, but it makes me smile! My biggest piece of "art" is a collage I did of the NJ Devils, it consists of 4 panels, each 3' x 2'--takes up a wall of our office and makes a great conversation piece--when guests aren't looking at the fish, or cats, or gerbils or birds....

That is an impressive body of work! The portraits and tigers are gorgeous! I was never good at realistic art. My love is lines and shapes. Even in photography, I like buildings over scenery :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom