tom cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously would you marry someone who idolized you as a kid? Seems a bit like Marrying your older nice uncle or something!

My thoughts exactly!! All Katie sees is that her boyfriend is Tom Cruise. Well, that would have meant something 5-10 years ago, but now, I think he's a has been.

Personally, he does nothing for me.

He is way too full of himself. I like his movies and acting but personally he doesn't do anything for me either!

Did Tom ever play James Bond? I missed that one. Sean Connery was my favorite, Pierce was ok. Wonder who the new guy will be?

ReefRaff said:
Speaking of him, who do you think plays a better james bond? Tom Cruise? Or peirce bronson? (Is that right)? Or Sawn connery?

I think Cruise was in Mission Impossible instead of a Bond movie

Your boyfriend is full of garbage, says the guy who bears a striking resemblance to Tom Cruise, esp. a young i.e. risky business.

RogerMcAllen said:
Your boyfriend is full of garbage, says the guy who bears a striking resemblance to Tom Cruise, esp. a young i.e. risky business.

haha... im sure someone who has a striking resemblence to Tom Cruise looks better than the real deal =oP

Maybe helmets are against scientology. I don't think any scientologists should be allowed to wear a helmet, they might hurt valuable plastic and foam in an accident.

He should be shredded for that crappy movie I saw today war of the worlds.

I am so freakin tired of celebrities thinking they know anything. Apparently they seem to think they know about politics and religion and social matters. They make hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions dollars a year and play pretend for a living. How can they know crap about anything?? I'm sure they know the best resort in Rio. And I'm sure they know when the new aston martins are available. But as far as getting an opinion for political or social issues?? No thank you. Youre job is to entertain, not give commentary or opinions on non-entertaining issues.

What makes your opinions and views any better than his? What makes his religion wrong?

IMO, it doesn't. To each their own. Stating your beliefs is fine, but forcing your beliefs on others is wrong.

But because he is in the public eye a lot, he gets to voice his opinion out a lot more and shove it down people's throat and that's what torks me off about him. Every chance he gets, he has to mention scientology. Heck, he even got Katie to believe in that. She's just a little puppet that he is controlling.

FawnN said:
What makes your opinions and views any better than his? What makes his religion wrong?

IMO, it doesn't. To each their own. Stating your beliefs is fine, but forcing your beliefs on others is wrong.

But because he is in the public eye a lot, he gets to voice his opinion out a lot more and shove it down people's throat and that's what torks me off about him. Every chance he gets, he has to mention scientology. Heck, he even got Katie to believe in that. She's just a little puppet that he is controlling.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with your beliefs and expressing them, but there is a time and place for everything. That would be like, becoming a high school/college history teacher, and all you talk about is how stem cell research is good/bad or how abortion is good/bad-- its great to have those opinions.. but a HS history class isn't the place. As a movie star who is supposed to be promoting his new movie, he is promoting his beliefs instead.

RogerMcAllen said:

Because he's This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.......is that good enough of an answer for you?

Well in my opinion celebrities are normally so drab and boring and yet we have their lives forced fed down our throats. So I kinda enjoy when someone has something to say that has some substance, whether I agree with it or not at least its conversation with substance. Being a stay at home mom I get kind of starved for adult conversation so I listen to alot of msnbc, talk radio, and what not. I would much rather hear about tom's scientology beliefs vs his dawson creek girlfriend just as I would much rather hear Brad Pitt talk about Africa instead of Jolie. If the media is gonna constantly talk about these people it's refreshing when an actual "topic" worth talking about comes up.

On the Media abusing Tom Cruise: could care less, I guess Iraq isn't newsworthy anymore

On Scientology: scary people in this "religion" entirely made up by a dead science fiction writer

On kid's drugs: A recent study ( http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/04/0827adhd.html ) states that playing outdoors may help allieve symptoms of ADHD. As an aspiring scientist, and current layman, let me just say

DUH

I understand that some kids need to be on medication, my wife's family has a distant relative that needs it. But our society is increasingly lacking in responsibility and relying on a pill to cure all our ills. Diet pills, sex pills, depression pills, relaxing pills--all pills to make up for an unhealthy lifestyle. If people would take responsibility and adapt a healthier lifestyle, I bet 90% of the people on meds would be able to come off them. Medication should only be the last resort, but for some people it's the first thing they reach for.

I remember when I went to a shrink to sort out some problems a couple years ago. I sat and explained what was going on, and one of the first things he asked was, "do you want medication for that?" If I said yes, he would write out the prescription right there and I'd be on my way. I said no and spent a couple sessions talking some stuff out and went on my way. That experience, along with other close ones experiences, leads me to believe that meds are just handed out like candy. They aren't for me.

Attacks on ones relegion will not be tolorated here. This thread is locked and all those whom have made comment about a particular relegion being better or worse should be put on notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom