Too Wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had a beard for the last 13 years or so. I had a mustache for probably 3-4 years before that. Last night my wife and I were talking about the fact that my beard was getting so grey. She then asked "I wonder what you would look like without it." Next thing you know I was shaving it off. Now I look in the mirror and I don't recognize myself. It is a strange feeling looking at my reflection and thinking I look more like my brother than me. Too weird.

Before:
beforebq0.jpg

After:
after1fp5.jpg

Geez, that would be weird!

I usually prefer a clean face, but you look good both ways. What's your wife think?

You're courageous-who knows what might have been lurking under there? :eek:

My husband did the same thing....and he also got a very short flat top...my daughter (at the time was about 2 years old) screamed when she saw him and wouldn't have anything to do with him for a couple of days. No one recognized him at work either.....think of this way...you're getting ready for that vegas trip and you wanted to keep cool. :)

Oh! and I'll tell you the same thing I told him....it makes you look much younger.

Thanks all. My wife really likes it so I think I will keep it this way for a while.

My son (6 years old) laughed and said I looked like his uncle. He kept calling me uncle for a while but it was all in fun.

I thought the dogs might freak out but they didn't react at all. I guess they rely a lot on smell so they knew it was me.

Well I haven't had my gotee for that long but I started it the day after my wife and I got married. I promised her I would shave it off at our 5 year mark, well as a test I did it a few months ago and I looked like I 12 so I grew it back and we have both agreed that it should stay!

You do look different without the beard. I've had mine for longer than 13 years and don't know that I have the courage to shave it off.

I have thought about it over they years but just haven't shaved my goatee or vandyke (dependent upon the individuals definition) for 16 years. My wife would flip out and honestly I just like it. It is funny to look over the years to see how it has changed however. Just chin, chin and soul patch, moustache and chin seperated, etc.... lol. Poor genetics has rendered me useless when it comes to growing a beard. I honestly figure I will have it till I die. As my friends and family joke two things that will never change my goatee and wearing ball caps (worn one everyday for the past 21 years).

It is quite the change, I like it. Luckily you weren't really tanned before you shaved. You would have had a white spot. :)

Wow, looks like it took a few years off of you.

Back
Top Bottom