Trade advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So here's the scoop:

I have an Orbit Marine LED 36"-48" fixture that is collecting dust in my closet. It is less then a year old and I have no use for it. I've been trying to sell it for $80-$90 but haven't had many bites over the course of like 6 months.

I have a guy who I've bought corals from before and I'm very happy with them. He also accepts trades and is talking with me for this fixture. I've told him I was looking for Pocillopora

My offer: Orbit Marine LED 36-48inch less then a year old. Works perfectly.

His offer: Green Pocillopora colony 3-4 inch, neon green pocillopora colony 3-4 inch, rainbow pocillopora frag, and a birds of paradise frag.

I was kinda hoping he'd offer a pink and blue pocillopora frag.
In my mind the deal sounds good because I'm not using the fixture. But if it were you would you say this is fair?

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How would it compare to in the shop? I don't know either of these items but my other thought is I'm sure you have done the research so if you are happy, then it sounds good.

Part of haggling or trading I would counter, and say you'd want a drag of his pink and blue and see what he says.

Well I ended up asking him and I got all of that stuff plus the frag I wanted. He was actually nice about it and everything went well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's usually what I do in trades, just go back and forth some, to try and get exactly what I want, it doesn't always work, but it's always worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom