Update after storm.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area.

Freshwater tank is ok. No loses to report. My heart goes out to all those who have lost ALOT more then just a few fish. It puts things into perspective lemme tell ya.

I've met some great high spirited people along the way and it has humbled me.

Thanks again for all those who have contacted me during this but I see the worst over and I will be deployed again by my wishes to help rebuild Sea Side Heights.

A bunch of us with backgrounds in certain trades have been in contact with people out there and honestly I can't wait to get started.

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area

So sorry to here welcome back. Hopefully all gets better for you.

Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area

Hey convict, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of fish, Im in LI and lost power too but luckily only for 2 days. my saltwater tank was not cycled yet so I didnt lose anything thank god. I'm glad your corals are fine.

Convict2161 said:
Well as most of know I've been extremely busy due to the storm. I've been deployed to L.I. twice and came back last night. I did lose all my saltwater fish however the corals look to be ok. I had my buddy do 2 water changes while I was gone. I had to move my wife and son to CT due to no power in my area.

Freshwater tank is ok. No loses to report. My heart goes out to all those who have lost ALOT more then just a few fish. It puts things into perspective lemme tell ya.

I've met some great high spirited people along the way and it has humbled me.

Thanks again for all those who have contacted me during this but I see the worst over and I will be deployed again by my wishes to help rebuild Sea Side Heights.

A bunch of us with backgrounds in certain trades have been in contact with people out there and honestly I can't wait to get started.

Good to hear you and your family are safe i have friends and family up and down the eastcoast i havent heard anything from them except on facebook so they seem ok my heart goes out to all of those who have bern affected by the storm thank you for all the work youve done and are doing sorry for your lost fishes

Cichlids are fine! I'm gonna wait to add fish back to the BC29.

Just wanna relax and sleep in my own bed lol.

Thanks again everyone.

Convict2161 said:
Cichlids are fine! I'm gonna wait to add fish back to the BC29.

Just wanna relax and sleep in my own bed lol.

Thanks again everyone.

I dont blame you get some rest

Convict! good to hear from you:dance:. Thanks for your service to our communities ... Certainly a lot of help is needed all over L.I. ... Among others.

Sorry about your aquatic loses:(. Keep us posted.(y)

sorry about your fish man..and thanks for your service. My best friend is in the guard here in northern NJ and was sent to Hoboken, Sea Bright and Seaside heights. He said Sea Bright looks like a bomb went off its so bad

I lost power here for a few days, but I was one of the lucky ones with a generator so I didn't lose any fish

Great to hear from you! Sorry about the fish but that isnt must in the scheme of things. Happy the family and you are ok!

Thank you sooo much for your service! If there is anything I can do for you or send you please let me know! I'm sure that other people on this forum would also be happy to help!

Thanks again for all the support!! Really makes me feel good! I'm working with my local fish guy to start getting some fish for the cube. Other then that I'm just relaxing and enjoying the quite time.

Convict2161 said:
Thanks again for all the support!! Really makes me feel good! I'm working with my local fish guy to start getting some fish for the cube. Other then that I'm just relaxing and enjoying the quite time.

Bout time

welcome back DINO
sorry bout your fish lose,
glad to see your still in good spirits(y)

my dad just got his power back yesterday he's on the island
he had 3 generators running the house 24/7
keeping refrigerators running

Back
Top Bottom