(Update) How do you like your coffee? ****

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah, this is pretty off topic but...

I know many of you have seen ads for the Gevalia Coffee System. Well, two weeks ago, I got another and the offer was just too good to pass up. The coffee maker, two stainless steel 12oz mugs, two 8oz packages of coffee and filters for $10.00. That's right...$10.00. I sent them a check for $10.00 and I recieved the product yesterday. While composing this, I'm sipping my first cup and it is extremely good!

I checked all the printed materials and their website and there is no further obligation whatsoever! No "you can cancel your order at anytime" nonsense...nothing!

The question now is...has Gevalia lost their minds or have I lost mine?

Does anyone have the Gevalia?

Hmm...still using the Black and Decker here. I'll have to check this Gevalia out though. Does it work well? Do you have a Barney's up there? If so, try some of their Sulawesi blend coffee...best I've ever had.

I like my hamilton beach brew station. I just threw away an offer from Gevalia. Hmm, perhaps I should have opened it. :|

Although I found their coffee very good I did not think it was worth $30.00 per pound. That's more than LR costs and LR lasts a lot longer. I cancelled their subscription plan. I still use the cofee maker on occasion and the stainless steel carafe quite often. :D

I am a member of the Gevalia service and have been for many many years. They are straight up and have delicious coffee. The stuff in their catalog is good too!

I did the Gevalia thing years ago and did not find the coffee to be worth the money, but I did use the coffee maker.

Now I make coffee this way: http://www.toddycafe.com/shop/product.php?productId=67

This is a cold-brew method, and you are basically making coffee concentrate that you keep in the fridge. You pour a little in your cup and add boiling water, so it is like instant, I suppose. Because the coffee is made without heat, there is absolutely no bitterness, and I now have a hard time drinking breweed coffee! This is kind of a curse, though, because my husband and I (and my mother, she got me started on it) are all hooked on this method, and it has turned us into coffee snobs. :?

I just like mine black and as strong as you can get it!!! I don't care how it was made but if it is strong enough that you can stand a spoon up in it thats about strong enough to drink!! Anything else is just plain hot water!

I love the smell and like the taste, but it's just not one of those things I do every day. The only time I drink coffee is when I'm writing a paper or attending one of those all-day conferences that start at 8AM. Those are occasions that call for a good dose of some legal stimulants. I like my coffee with a little milk and lots and lots of sugar. Ziiiiiinnnnnnngggggggggg! And away I go! 8O

Hey Im not the only one with a 52oz coffee cup?
Cool

Well actually I have 4 of them and several smaller ones.
I am a coffee and A.A. junky.
You cant have one without the other.

Anyway, I drink 1-3 pots of coffee everyday.
8O

I got one of those offers too from Gevalia. The only reason I didn't do it is because on the flyer thing they sent me it said they will continue to send coffee once a month. I didn't want the hassel. I drink real coffee very rarely and with loads of sugar and cream. What I usually drink in the morning is that canned coffee from International Coffee. The french vanilla is the only one I like. Actually I am SO addicted to that stuff. I ran out a few days ago and I am going nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom