Vacation in Indy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone,
My husband and I will be taking a short trip to Indianapolis this week! We like Indy and have been there several times. Our hotel has internet access, but if I don't get on, see you when I get back!

Question for those around Indy: I did some searches on the Sonic website to print out the list of Sonic hamburger restaurants in the area. Last year there were 3 or 4, including one up in the northern suburbs near Castleton, just past the Keystone at the Crossing Mall. This year my search comes up empty! :( The nearest one is 48 miles from downtown. Are they gone from the suburban Indianapolis area?

If nobody replies soon, I'll ask some friends of mine. They just got back from Indy and have relatives that live there. Perhaps they'll know of one/some.

Hmmm... I'm not sure. I do know that the Sonic here in Bloomington (about 50 miles from Indy) closed a while back. Maybe the company is having some trouble or something.

I'm sure you have spent time in the downtown area, like around Circle Centre Mall and stuff, right? Circle Centre has a Johnny Rocket's, you would probably like that if you can't find a Sonic. Back when I ate meat, I seem to remember REALLY enjoying their burgers. :D They are a little pricey, but the '50s diner atmosphere is kinda cool. There are also a ton of local breweries around there, and the Ram brewery has really huge burgers (and veggie burgers for me :mrgreen: ). The food there is really good if you're willing to spend a little more. Have fun on your vacation! :D

Thank you both very much!

I just found the Sonic for Bash St, the one by Keystone at the Crossing, in the Indy Citysearch website. I just called and got "the number is disconnected" :evil:

Yes, we know about the Circle Centre mall and Johnny Rockets! We were going to eat at Sonic and Johnny Rockets. Due to my kind of bad food allergies, we know these two places are ok, with some modifications (like no ketchup!)

I think I saw the Ram brewery listed on the Marion County no-smoking list. We will check that out. Thanks!

That doesn't surprise me at all. I think that Marion Co. is trying to put through a smoking ban for restaurants, but I don't know if it has passed yet. The ban here in Bloomington passed last year and went into effect in January. Every public place here is now non smoking, even the bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom