Very sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eh people will continue to overstock, and sometimes horribly overstock.
with shows like american dad having a goldfish in a bowl and such, people just wont get it...

the ones i was watching were horrible. they had more dislikes than likes and had the comments turned off. i can still message them though. maybe if they saw the thread they would think about rehoming some of the fish.

How do you know they're overstocked? Again, JMHO, but if they aren't asking for advice, who are you to give them advice? If you don't know thier parameters, you don't know that they're overstocked.

IMO if they're doing it now, they'll just keep doing it.

Still, how do you know they're overstocked? If it was keeping like goldfish or oscars in a ten gallon I understand where you're going, but if it's like ARLC or a very large community tank you never know. They could be having some excellent filtration and doing frequent PWCs. Maybe it could be in their specs.

Agree Bruinsbro... A picture or video wont tell the whole story...I also understand the obvious, but giving advice to who is not asking for it is not the answer either..
again, just my opinion

There was one that had to much overstocking. He had bad comments. Dang. And he sad that the guy from the store had sad to him to go in overstocking. For the aggression. And than this guy sad he didn't had the fish any more. Later on. I do not understand it makes me mad

Its unfortunate but theres not alot that can be done. I can not watch most utube videos of goldfish because its extremely upsetting (20 goldfish crammed into a ten gal tank....). I choose not to watch the atrocious way some people choose to keep their fish.

I'd have to agree and disagree with OP.

On one side yes, I've seen some grossly overstocked tanks on youtube. There's a 50g tank with 2 Oscars, arowanna, blood parrots, common pleco, etc..

But at the same time, a lot of tanks that seem overcrowded could be perfectly fine. Like others have said, you don't know their water parameters. ;)

hey

im talking about people who brag about their wonderful 20 gallons and 30 gallons. im only talking about the ones i can clearly see have bad filtration and dont know what they are doing. im am talking about tanks filled to the gills with fish that dont work together and are clearly misplaced. im not a noob at pointing out bad tanks.

sorry for the misunderstanding...

Back
Top Bottom