Volunteering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarist1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know if/how I could volunteer at PetCo or PetSmart fish dept.?

Not sure.. I think you would have better luck voluntering at a local store or a mom and pop type store becase they are not as large. That could lead to a job as well :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Not sure.. I think you would have better luck voluntering at a local store or a mom and pop type store becase they are not as large. That could lead to a job as well :)

I don't have any local stores like that.:( I only have a PetSmart and PetCo.

Hmm thats a shame... :( you could always ask them! Worst thing they can say is no, but why would they? If you are experienced you should be able to.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hmm thats a shame... :( you could always ask them! Worst thing they can say is no, but why would they? If you are experienced you should be able to.

Ya, I'll talk to the PetCo manager first, since I've talked to him before.

Why don't you get promising exp. and volunteer at a local aquarium or zoo/aquarium?

Does anyone know if/how I could volunteer at PetCo or PetSmart fish dept.?

I'm sure, being a chain store, that all they'll see are legal and insurance ramifications. I agree that you'd be best served finding another outlet. ;)

See if there are any individual fish Breeders in your area (not sure where you live) and see if they will take you on as a apprentice?

Something to think about...

Pton46 said:
See if there are any individual fish Breeders in your area (not sure where you live) and see if they will take you on as a apprentice?

Something to think about...

Ok I'll try to find one.

Back
Top Bottom