water proof camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
any one have a waterproof camera i have a lil kodac mini its waterproof up to 10ft deep im thinkkin of doin some pov shots hb you guys?

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

I have a waterproof camera, it's a Pansonic Lumix TS2. I've yet to take pictures underwater with it yet because I'm scared, ha! I probably will when I set up my Fluval Edge as a reef.
It takes good quality photos though, usually waterproof cameras compromise quality.

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
I have a waterproof camera, it's a Pansonic Lumix TS2. I've yet to take pictures underwater with it yet because I'm scared, ha! I probably will when I set up my Fluval Edge as a reef.
It takes good quality photos though, usually waterproof cameras compromise quality.

mines not to bad for the price its mabye 2 3mp but im suprized how good the underwater shots actually look its like im in the tank

Yeah, I'm looking forward to using mine. You don't find a whole lot of underwater shots of aquariums, I think it'll be really neat. You should post some! :)

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to using mine. You don't find a whole lot of underwater shots of aquariums, I think it'll be really neat. You should post some! :)

next time imm at my dads my comp at home is runnin ubuntu and it won't load the pics off the cam because ubuntu n kodac dont like eachother apparently

Hey, I have the same camera, Xxwolfpackof1xx! I've tried taking videos and pictures underwater in my fish tank, but I'm having trouble with the quality. It's kind of blurry. I'm hoping that it will better come in handy when I go on vacation somewhere and swim in the reefs! LOL last time I was swimming with fish I was using a disposable underwater camera... this time I got the right stuff! :) (Hopefully)

next time imm at my dads my comp at home is runnin ubuntu and it won't load the pics off the cam because ubuntu n kodac dont like eachother apparently

As the young people say these days: "Windows FTW" ;)

mandy2936 said:
Hey, I have the same camera, Xxwolfpackof1xx! I've tried taking videos and pictures underwater in my fish tank, but I'm having trouble with the quality. It's kind of blurry. I'm hoping that it will better come in handy when I go on vacation somewhere and swim in the reefs! LOL last time I was swimming with fish I was using a disposable underwater camera... this time I got the right stuff! :) (Hopefully)

is your lens dirty or scratched mine is crystal clear a little pixily but not bad

Tim Wheatley said:
As the young people say these days: "Windows FTW" ;)

lol im only 14 i cant stand windows i like it but the viruses oh the viruses Ubuntu only has like 40 kknow viruses and worst they do is make stupid pop ups

I bought one of those flips and one of those underwater cases for it. They take decent photos. With flips you don't really take photos but videos and freeze frames when you put them onto your pc. They are very handy though when you want to witness spawning in anyone your tanks! :)

Tim Wheatley said:
I ordered a gopro waterproof hd cam today :)
I just looked those up. They look really good! Do you use them just for your tank or do you like snorkel or something?

jenatronQT3.14159 said:

I can see why your hesitant to use it. It doesn't really look like an underwater camera! ;) the other day i was messing with my dads olympus camera, and then it said "before use underwater restate camera" or something like that. We had no idea! :0

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
any one have a waterproof camera i have a lil kodac mini its waterproof up to 10ft deep im thinkkin of doin some pov shots hb you guys?

How is that kodak mini? I saw it the other day in staples but I doubted the quality?

It's scary because essentially if there's a dust particle in the waterproof seam, then you ruin your camera, lolllll.

Dylan5359 said:
I just looked those up. They look really good! Do you use them just for your tank or do you like snorkel or something?

I got it for a few reasons: Fish tank shots inside hiding places etc, beach days etc with the daughter my wife is pregnant with, and if I ever manage to get my rear-end strapped into a race car again I'll strap it to that, too. :)

Got the GoPro today. Works great. Just made a quick test video and the quality underwater is pretty good. The only real problem is that the Oscar fish seems to be terrified of that big lens... ;)

Quite excited about the possibilities using it. An example would be my convict cichlids and being able to capture footage of them doing their 'parenting' thing. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom